It’s the 10th week of pregnancy and with each passing day, dear unborn baby, your mom’s curiosity to meet you is crossing all limits. She is very anxious to know about your whereabouts as by now she’s able to sense something unusual. And that unusual sensation is due to your presence. You’ll complete her darling! Soon to be a momma, allow the things to take place in its own way and wait for the day until he reaches your arms. You are 10 weeks pregnant.
Watch the comprehensive video on the 10-weeks pregnancy!
10 Weeks Pregnant
- Length: 3.1 cm
- Weight: 3.7 grams
- Your baby is finally developed into a fetus! And, the formation of eyelids is going on so as to protect the baby’s eyes. His respiratory system is almost developed and breathing movements have started as he receives oxygen through the umbilical cord.
- Also, his skin is becoming translucent and genitals are forming.
Symptoms – 10 weeks pregnant
Your breasts will increase in size by week 10 as they are preparing themselves for breastfeeding which will provide necessary antibodies in your baby body.
With the increase in the level of hormones, you’ll suffer from mood swings. Mood swings are an essential part of pregnancy and they add a glow to your pregnancy phase.
Pregnancy cramps and fatigue
Your body is working really hard to grow your baby and so you’ll suffer from pregnancy cramps and fatigue. Try not to miss upon your exercises as they’ll help you to fight fatigue-related issues.
Round ligament pain
You may suffer from abdominal pain as it is stretching so as to provide enough space to your baby for his proper growth.
Excessive vaginal discharge
There is an increase in the blood flow in the vaginal due to an increase in estrogen production which could cause clear, odourless discharge called leucorrhea. If it is accompanied by blood and abdominal pain, call your doctor.
Veins become visible by this week as they are carrying tons of blood for your little one’s proper development.
Ultrasound reports – 10 weeks pregnant
- In this week, the baby is working on his arms joints, cartilage, and bones. All the vital organs are fully developed and they will very soon begin to function efficiently.
- NT scan usually occurs in week 10 and 14 and is done for risk of Down syndrome, Patau Syndrome, Edward syndrome and chromosomal abnormalities. It is a part of the first-trimester screen.
- To detect chromosomal aberrations one can go for amniocentesis. If you opt for amniocentesis, you can schedule it for week 15 and 20.
You are 10 weeks pregnant and your belly is just starting to show. It’s because your baby is undergoing fast growth and he needs proper space to develop properly. Maybe you don’t look pregnant to people you meet but you should keep some stretchy short pants for the future. You will gain weight by the end of this week and so your tummy will start to develop an extra curve.
- Increase intake of vitamin C rich fruits in your diet.
- Increase iron intake in your diet as it is one of the key nutrients in your healthy pregnancy diet.
Things to ponder about
Don’t worry if your belly size isn’t increasing as it will increase gradually for your baby’s proper development. This journey from maidenhood to motherhood will include various confessions and secrets between you and your baby.
Be positive and don’t worry upon trivialities instead try to watch some video clips about your changing body. Do things that make you feel happy such as you can go for maternity shopping or eat healthy fast food as infections can risk your baby’s life!
Checklist – 10 weeks pregnant
- Reduce or eliminate caffeine from your diet.
- Quit alcohol and smoking if you haven’t.
- Get plenty of sleep and take proper rest.
Soon to be momma try to control your excitement as very soon your baby will reach your arms. You’ll give birth to a life which is one of the greatest pleasures in a women’s life. Take good care of yours and hope you soon share the good news with your family and enjoy a happy motherhood!
“Enjoy your path to Mom. Relish every moment!”
Disclaimer: All content on this website, including medical opinion and other health-related information, should be considered as opinion only. Always seek the direct advice of your own doctor in connection with any questions or issues you may have regarding your own health or the health of others.
Products from Amazon.in
Price: INR 849.00Was: INR 2,699.00
Price: Check on Amazon
Price: INR 169.00Was: INR 225.00
Price: Check on Amazon
Price: INR 488.00Was: INR 690.00
Mom & World Skin Bio Therapy Oil For Stretch Marks, Scars & Skin Toning - 200Ml (With Argan Oil, Cocoa Butter)Price: INR 799.00Was: INR 899.00
Price: INR 889.00Was: INR 999.00