You can celebrate as by now your baby can sense and respond towards touch. You are in the 12th week of your pregnancy. Your baby is getting busy by stretching and kicking in your womb. If you’ll put your hand on your belly then your baby will flutter or shake i.e. he will respond towards stimulus as his reflexes are developing slowly. Darling, you are 12 weeks pregnant.
Watch the comprehensive video on the 12-weeks pregnancy!
12 Weeks Pregnant
- Length: 5.4 cm
- Weight: 14 grams
- This week is all about the development of appendicular parts of the body. In this week, the growth of head slows down while there is an increase in the growth of arms and legs.
Development in baby’s Size
Symptoms – 12 weeks pregnant
Increase in vaginal discharge
It is one of the protective responses of your body. It happens to protect the vagina from various infections. In case the colour of the discharge is yellow, pink, brown or of green colour then call the doctor immediately.
This is something new as by week 12 you may faint which could be risky for both the lives. It happens due to hormonal and blood pressure changes. Take rest and inform your doctor if you feel dizzy very often.
If headaches are accompanied by changes in blood pressure, inform your doctor as soon as possible. The intensity of headaches may tend to increase with each passing day.
Spotting at week 12 could be alarming as bleeding can introduce complications in your pregnancy. So quickly inform your doctor if you are suffering spotting issues.
Growing Belly – 12 weeks pregnant
The most astonishing moment of this week is that you can consider yourself pregnant by now! As by now you’ll be able to see your baby bump and can sense your baby’s respond towards stimuli. You should take the photo of your belly and attach the same in your journal.
Ultrasound – 12 weeks pregnant
- Up until now, only cell division was taking place which resulted in an increase in a number of cells and promotion of zygote into a fetus.
- By week 12, cell division will be followed by cell maturation which will lead to rapid development of tissues and organs.
- Your baby is now developing reflexes and the formation of genitals is still going on.
- In this week you should carry out various genetic tests to know more about baby’s health.
Diet to follow
- Add vitamin B6 content in your diet such as banana, brown rice & lean meat.
- Aim to have a magnesium-rich diet which is present in soya bean, salads, whole grains, and nuts.
Things to muse upon
You must be pondering the issue that who will you give birth to? Will it be a prince or a princess? It’s completely fine if you are dealing with such thoughts. The best thing you can do during this time is to jot down any name that you like for a boy or for a girl and discuss the same with your partner and finalize it.
In fact, you can also jot down various qualities which you want to develop in your baby for his bright future. Once he is with you, work on the same!
Reminders – 12 weeks pregnant
Checklist – 12 weeks pregnant
- Buy a body pillow that helps you to be in a comfortable position while you sleep.
- Never lie flat on your back. Not even for any exercise.
- Fix your appointment with a dentist if you notice that your gums are bleeding.
“Enjoy your path to Mom. Relish every moment!”
Disclaimer: All content on this website, including medical opinion and other health-related information, should be considered as opinion only. Always seek the direct advice of your own doctor in connection with any questions or issues you may have regarding your own health or the health of others.
Products from Amazon.in
Price: INR 1,350.00Was: INR 2,700.00
Price: INR 404.00Was: INR 475.00
The Moms Co. Natural Protein Hair Detox Kit for Dry and Damaged Hair, Hair Fall with Protein Shampoo (200ml) and Conditioner (200ml)Price: INR 799.00Was: INR 848.00
Price: INR 285.00Was: INR 360.00
Price: INR 327.00Was: INR 380.00
Price: INR 379.00Was: INR 750.00