There are changes taking place in the body of a female when she decides her journey from maidenhood to motherhood. She goes through the most beautiful part of her life, the part which will complete her, make her feel like a woman. You are 13 weeks pregnant. By week 13 or 91 days one can sense movement of life inside you which is one of the unforgettable memories one can ever have.
Watch the comprehensive video on the 13-weeks pregnancy!
13 Weeks Pregnant
- Baby’s size is increasing constantly along with your eagerness to meet him.
- With every passing day, his face is becoming more human-like and ears have moved from neck to their respective place.
- Baby’s eyes are taking proper colour and shape and have reached their respective place.
- This week arms will lengthen and he’ll be able to take the thumb to his mouth.
- All his vital organs have developed.
Ultrasound – 13 weeks pregnant
- One of the most important happenings of this week is that the baby to be has developed kidneys and urinary tract system. The kidneys are able to make urine and bone marrow begins to make white blood cells that will help him to fight infection once he’s born.
- The body of the baby has elongated and head doesn’t overshadow the rest of the body and covers the only 1/3rd of the size of the body.
- One of the most delicate changes is about to take place i.e. the formation of fingerprints on the fingers. His earliest smile is beginning to come together.
Symptoms – 13 weeks pregnant
You’ll feel more energized than before and you should start up with a few exercises that will benefit you and baby and make labour easier.
Due to increased blood flow veins will be properly visible.
There are low chances of nausea and vomiting. But if you still have them consult a doctor.
Smell and taste aversions
There will not be any change in smell and taste aversions and there are high chances that they would be the same till the end of pregnancy.
For twin-moms to be, if you are 13 weeks pregnant then you may suffer from fatigue and sickness because of the increased hCG in the system.
With your growing belly, you’ll actually groom up like a pregnant woman. In this week, the size of your uterus will increase and thus it will come out of your pelvis. One should gain weight slowly and steadily as that sounds healthy and is good for you as well as your baby. The various weight gain guidelines outlined by the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologist (ACOG) are as follows:
- If you are underweight i.e. BMI under 18.5 then the recommended weight for your total pregnancy is 28-40 pounds.
- If you are average weight i.e. BMI of 18.5-24 then the recommended weight for your total pregnancy is 25-30 pounds.
- If you are overweight i.e. BMI of 25-29.9 then the recommended weight for your total pregnancy is 15-25 pounds.
- If you are obese i.e. BMI of 30 and above then the recommended weight for your total pregnancy is 11-20 pounds.
- If you are twin mom to be then the recommended weight for your total pregnancy is 37-54 pounds.
Ladies, don’t stress yourself with these numbers as what’s more important is that you take a healthy diet, do regular exercise and stay fit and gain weight in a healthy way!
Thoughts for the week
It is the beginning of the second trimester. Celebrate! Enjoy! And make the most of your energy. Be positive and do remember that your thoughts will influence your baby’s thinking ability in the future. Also, sign up for a childbirth education course if this is your first baby.
Important tip: water baby
When exercises are carried out in water then abdominal muscles keeps you balanced as well as lengthens. Also, the buoyancy of water helps you to pose well i.e. you’ll be able to perform a few yoga exercises easily and providing you with more toning benefits and deeper stretches.
On the concluding part, you should take good care of your health and gracefully enjoy your time. Of course, you can demand more attention from your husband and family but don’t forget to take all your meals on time and perform all your exercises. Enjoy your journey from maidenhood to motherhood and start writing all your memorable incidences in a diary and Keep it safe. It will help you to go through this beautiful phase whenever you wish to.
“Enjoy your path to Mom. Relish every moment!”
Disclaimer: All content on this website, including medical opinion and other health-related information, should be considered as opinion only. Always seek the direct advice of your own doctor in connection with any questions or issues you may have regarding your own health or the health of others.