My little piece of love, your mom is waiting for you. She is in her 14th week of pregnancy. She is curious to know what will she give birth to a prince or princess. So my baby, complete your relishing journey as early as possible. Find your way to reach your mom quickly as she is already missing you! You are 14 weeks pregnant.
Watch the comprehensive video on the 14-weeks pregnancy!
14 Weeks Pregnant
- Length: 0.087 meter
- Weight: 0.043 kilograms.
- Facial muscles are developing and flexing and all of her tiny organs are about to function such as nerves and muscles.
Development in baby’s size
Symptoms – 14 weeks pregnant
Round ligament pain
You may feel pain in the lower belly where muscles and ligaments are present. It is a sharp pain. It is one of the most common symptoms of pregnancy. In case of severe pain contact a doctor!
By this week you’ll get all your energy back and thus can be called as your zestful week. So, you should start to increase the number of your daily tasks.
By this week, your craving issues will take birth. You’ll crave for various food items and maybe for those which you used to hate. Avoid eating unhealthy food and try to have something nutritious and healthy. You should avoid taking unhealthy food as it can introduce complications during pregnancy.
Improvement in hair quality
This is one of the most amazing symptoms of pregnancy as you’ll notice that there is an improvement in your hair quality. Your hair becomes thicker and shiner which is one of the most attractive side effects of pregnancy.
Growing Belly – 14 weeks pregnant
Don’t worry if you are speedily gaining weight by week 14 as by now baby’s proper growth and tissue maturation are going on which will need space. And space is provided by an increase in your belly. Increase in appetite is something that may result in an increase in your body’s weight. Eat healthy stuff and gracefully add on weight.
Ultrasound – 14 weeks pregnant
- Usually, ultrasound doesn’t take place for week 14. By now your baby will be able to suck his thumb. He will be able to flutter and shake his toes and thumbs.
- Kidney, liver and spleen have started to play their respective roles. By this week you won’t be able to figure out your baby’s gender as the development of genitals is still going on.
Diet to follow
- Increase iron supplement in your diet as it will increase the formation of red blood cells of your baby.
- Add on calcium in your diet. Calcium is present in milk, curd, yogurt, chickpea and almond.
Things to muse upon
When you enter the second trimester, the chances of miscarriage drops subsequently. As the fetus is growing day by day and the same with your queries. Get them answered and try to relax for short durations. Take a healthy diet and exercise properly. Also, you can be demanding by now! Tease your husband for good food and sign up for childbirth classes and gain some information about things such as the importance of breastfeeding.
Checklist – 14 weeks pregnant
- Start taking pictures of your belly.
- Look for various fun ways to announce your pregnancy.
- Keep a humidifier with you if your nose is stuffy.
By now you’ll feel energized. You can perform your daily tasks with higher efficiency. It is very important for you to do proper exercises as is improves your body postures and decrease some common discomforts such as a backache and fatigue. It provides you relief from stress and builds up stamina which is required during pregnancy. Stay fit and positive!
“Enjoy your Path to Mom. Relish every moment!”
Disclaimer: All content on this website, including medical opinion and other health-related information, should be considered as opinion only. Always seek the direct advice of your own doctor in connection with any questions or issues you may have regarding your own health or the health of others.