Listening to your baby’s heartbeat is a type of sensation filled with zest, thrill, spark, delighted and mirth. You’ll feel the same by the 16th week of pregnancy. It is an amazing moment when you are able to sense your baby’s beat. You are associated with your baby’s life, feeling, and needs. He is an irreplaceable part of you! You are 16 weeks pregnant.
Watch the comprehensive video on the 16-weeks pregnancy!
16 Weeks Pregnant
- Length: 11.6 centimeter
- Weight: 100 grams
- You may sense his heartbeat by now and be ready to sense fetal movement anytime! By now you may realize you are actually entering motherhood.
Development in baby’s Size
Symptoms – 16 weeks pregnant
Increase in breast size
By now due to hormonal changes you may find that there is an increase in your breast size. Your body will be prepared for breastfeeding by the end of the second trimester.
You may suffer from constipation this week. It can either be caused due to an increase in the intake of junk food or can be caused due to suppression of the intestine by the uterus.
There are chances that you start forgetting things. To avoid problems jot down things on sticky notes or on a piece of paper.
Your skin will start to glow up by week 16. It is caused due to hormonal changes. In case you are having a baby girl in your fetus, your skin will glow and shine which will increase the beauty of your face.
Because of your increased weight, you may suffer from backaches which can cause problems for you to sit in positions for a long time.
You may suffer from sensitive, itchy or dry eyes by week 16. So, in case your eyes begin to ache don’t rub it and contact your doctor for the same
Growing belly – 16 weeks pregnant
The baby will become more mature. By now his cells have not only increased in number but also have become specialized. Your belly is visible and you can sense his beats. You may find that you are unable to breathe efficiently. Don’t worry about it as it is caused due to the baby’s movement in your womb.
Ultrasound – 16 weeks pregnant
- By now your baby is able to hear your voice and recognize it. He is capable enough to hear you. Since his reflexes are developed perfectly, he can at times respond to various stimuli.
- Formation of your baby’s taste buds is going on along with the formation of hair, lashes and eyebrows.
- It’s time for you to go for your fourth prenatal visit and this time you’ll have to go for a urine test and also a few tests to detect genetic abnormalities.
Diet plan – 16 weeks pregnant
- You must increase vitamin (vitamin A) intake which you can get from fresh vegetables and fruits.
- You should take starchy food and gracefully gain weight as it is important for you to understand the weight balance during pregnancy.
Why do we need Vitamin A?
- It improves your immune system. During pregnancy, you should have a strong immune system as you should have resistance towards various micro-organisms which can harm your body.
- Proper Vision: Vitamin A improves your vision. Increasing the intake of vitamin A can reduce various eye related issues in many women.
- It is good for skin. It keeps your skin healthy and glowing.
- Free radicals are those substances which cause oxidation of various substances of your body and can produce harmful products. So, vitamin A fights with free radicals and prevents the formation of toxic substances.
Things to muse upon
There are various things to ponder about. Engage yourself with positive thoughts and avoid negativities around you. See it’s very important for you to have a positive approach to life. It’s not hard to live your life! You can plan your diet and have a word with your doctor about diet issues. Don’t worry about your increased weight. You are beautiful and you’ll have an add-on beauty in this journey!
Checklist – 16 weeks pregnant
- Start taking pictures of your belly.
- Start sleeping sideways.
- Keep eye drop with you. Use it whenever affected by eye infections.
Things, time and people change. But what remains constant is your memories. Enjoy your journey to motherhood and stay positive and in a good health.
“Enjoy your Path to Mom. Relish every moment!”
Disclaimer: All content on this website, including medical opinion and other health-related information, should be considered as opinion only. Always seek the direct advice of your own doctor in connection with any questions or issues you may have regarding your own health or the health of others.