So, finally, you have crossed your first trimester and two weeks along with it! It’s been 18 weeks of pregnancy. Are you excited about your ultrasound appointment? Well, we want to give you a little heads up about the coming week. You are 18 weeks pregnant.
Watch the comprehensive video on the 18-weeks pregnancy!
18 Weeks Pregnant
How does your baby look?
- Your baby looks like the size of a bell pepper. Cute right?
- It has developed its genital organs which distinguish it to be a boy or a girl. The ultrasound reveals it properly.
- If it is a girl, her uterus and fallopian tubes are formed in its position and if it is a boy, testes have developed which can be seen during the ultrasound.
Coming to 18th week a lot has changed inside your belly. Some of the symptoms that you should be aware of are:
Symptoms – 18 weeks pregnant
As your belly grows along with the baby, you tend to feel hungrier. The baby grows a little every day which makes your body assimilate faster.
You might notice swollen feet or hands, which is perfectly normal unless it is sudden.
Sleepless nights might be regular but try to take as much rest as you can. With all the big responsibility coming up it is normal for you to think about the future.
It is another symptom you must be aware of. Due to all the pressure in your veins, your nose might bleed a more than usual. Do not worry, just apply an ice pack or pinch your opposite nostril (from which blood is not coming) to stop it within minutes.
With the onset of the 18th week, you can expect baby kicks on your belly as your baby can move around. This just proves that your baby is getting stronger.
Ultrasound – 18 weeks pregnant
- Almost halfway through your pregnancy, this is the time when you get to see a detailed picture of your baby. Seeing your baby on the screen, moving inside your belly is a euphoric feeling.
- A point by point ultrasound is done at this phase to check the wellbeing and improvement of your child. It is considered as the fetal morphology check. Your specialist can recognize any auxiliary peculiarities and rupture in the placental position from this check. A transabdominal ultrasound can identify your infant at this stage. It assesses and estimates the fetal head, belly, spine, femur and the appendages.
- Significant organs are checked for legitimate advancement. Amniotic liquid, placenta area, and fetal heart rate are inspected too.
Diet to follow
Now you must be feeling why is it that you are hungrier than usual. This is just because your baby is now growing faster and hence your body now needs more food.
- Eat food that is rich in nutrients. Proteins, vitamin C, linoleic acid rich food should be present in your diet.
- If you crave for sweets, eat fruits and substitutes for food that is rich in calories.
- Eat plenty of starchy food too.
Things to muse upon
Most importantly, keep smiling and be happy. To have a healthy journey it is necessary for you, dear mommy, to be happy and not overthink the situations. Mood swings are fine but do not let it affect you. Be joyous and you will feel your baby is happy too!
Things to remember – 18 weeks pregnant
- Sleep on your side than on your back. This will apply less pressure on your veins. The blood pressure is already spiking up due to the increase in growth of the baby.
- Read good books and remain well informed. Good books on pregnancy help you learn the beauty of motherhood through someone else’s eyes. This also helps you remain positive.
- Go to date nights with your partner. It is very important that you and your guy stay in sync. Treat yourself well.
Checklist – 18 weeks pregnant
- Do not drink alcohol or smoke any sort of narcotics. This can be fatal for your baby.
- Wear clothes that are more comfortable. Do not trap yourself in clothes that are overly fitting.
- Know more about the company’s maternity plans and plan your leaves accordingly.
So, these are some of the things which you should know about your 18th week of pregnancy. Hopefully, it is helpful to you. Keep these things in mind stay strong and this will be the best part of your life ever.
“Enjoy your Path to Mom. Relish every moment!”
Disclaimer: All content on this website, including medical opinion and other health-related information, should be considered as opinion only. Always seek the direct advice of your own doctor in connection with any questions or issues you may have regarding your own health or the health of others.
Products from Amazon.in
Price: Check on Amazon
Price: INR 356.00Was: INR 395.00
Mom & World Skin Bio Therapy Oil For Stretch Marks, Scars & Skin Toning - 200Ml (With Argan Oil, Cocoa Butter)Price: INR 799.00Was: INR 899.00
Price: INR 182.00Was: INR 185.00
Price: INR 349.00Was: INR 750.00
Price: INR 277.00Was: INR 350.00
Price: INR 1,467.00Was: INR 1,899.00