Momma are you not waiting for me? Aren’t you curious to meet me? Of course, baby your momma is waiting for you! She is very excited to meet you. She is 19 weeks pregnant. You are on your way baby, to reach your momma and get all her love, care, scolding, complaints and her warmth. After all, it’s her 19th week of pregnancy.
Watch the comprehensive video on the 19-weeks pregnancy!
19 Weeks Pregnant
- Length: 15.03 centimeter
- Weight: 240 grams
- If the unborn baby is a girl, then during this week follicle development will occur. Follicles are those cells which release ova or the female gamete. So, during week 19 apparatus for your grandchildren is being prepared!
Symptoms – 19 weeks pregnant
Stretching of muscles is going on to accommodate your baby which causes round ligament pain in your belly which is known as abdominal pain.
By now you may feel that you are about to faint. Well, that happens because the growing baby applies pressure on your blood vessels and more of your body’s oxygen is provided to him for his proper breathing. Due to these factors, there is a decrease in your body’s oxygen because of which you may faint. Keep your bottles with you to avoid dehydration.
You would be suffering from muscular cramps and especially leg cramps. You suffer from the same because your legs have to carry your increasing weight. But this doesn’t mean that you will not move or walk. You’ll have to!
- Hip pain: You may suffer from hip pain by week 19. Try to sleep sideways keeping a pillow between your knees to get relief from this pain.
Growing belly – 19 weeks pregnant
By now you’ll be able to sense your baby’s movement in your womb. Timings for such sensation is different for different women’s so don’t compare yours with others. You may sense his movements in form of gas and flutters but with time these movements will become strong and you’ll go through a euphoric experience!
Ultrasound – 19 weeks pregnant
- Development of vernix caseosa is going on which is a protective covering over the baby’s body.
- Also, the formation of senses is going on in your baby! Formation of sensory nerve cells for sight, taste, audibility (hearing) and the smell is going on.
- Your baby’s systems are becoming more coordinated due to the formation of myelin around your baby’s nerves.
- Your baby’s genitals have been formed by the week. By now you can get your baby’s nerve, heart and spine scanned to check if they are perfectly formed or not.
Diet plan – 19 weeks pregnant
You must work on your diet as you need an increased quantity of magnesium, calcium and zinc because:
- Zinc helps your body to process fat, proteins and carbohydrates in food in order to nourish your growing baby. Zinc requirement for an average woman is around 7mg per day.
- Magnesium is able to play its role fruitfully when it is taken along with calcium. Magnesium causes relaxation of muscles while calcium causes muscular contraction. It is important to have the elements in your diet as deficiency of these elements can prevent the uterus from contracting prematurely.
- Magnesium also plays its role in the formation of teeth and bones in your baby. Magnesium and calcium requirement for an average woman is around 350mg and 1000mg per day respectively.
Things to muse upon
By now your increased weight must be bothering you. You must not be afraid to gain weight. You should think about happiness, the pleasure you’ll be receiving in your future. It’s a part of your journey. Everyone’s goes through the same phase, so will you. You should be in touch with your doctor regarding your weight as it is important to properly gain weight. If you are underweight then it could mean that your baby isn’t getting enough nutrients to grow. And if you are overweight then it could mean that you are suffering from preeclampsia. So be in touch with your doctor and know about weight gain.
What is Preeclampsia?
Preeclampsia is the condition caused during pregnancy in which a patient suffers from high blood pressure and fluid retention (known as edema) occurs in the patient’s body and chances are there that there is an abnormal quantity of protein in urea.
Things that need your attention
Checklist – 19 weeks pregnant
- Take proper rest especially when you experience round ligament pain.
- Apply sunscreen before leaving for office.
- Gather information about homebirth.
You will go through an astonishing, euphoric experience during the week when you’ll sense his movements. Very soon a day will come when you and your better half will able to sense your baby’s kicks. But before that take a deep breath and have patience! As it is something which will help you throughout the journey. Your baby is on his way to reach you. Get ready to play the role of a mother!
“Enjoy your Path to Mom. Relish every moment!”
Disclaimer: All content on this website, including medical opinion and other health-related information, should be considered as opinion only. Always seek the direct advice of your own doctor in connection with any questions or issues you may have regarding your own health or the health of others.
Products from Amazon.in
Price: Check on Amazon
Price: Out of stock
Price: INR 450.00Was: INR 999.00
Price: INR 505.00Was: INR 1,399.00
Price: INR 246.60Was: INR 326.00
Price: INR 252.00Was: INR 350.00
Mom & World Skin Bio Therapy Oil For Stretch Marks, Scars & Skin Toning - 200Ml (With Argan Oil, Cocoa Butter)Price: INR 799.00Was: INR 899.00
Price: INR 335.00Was: INR 395.00