So, it’s your second week and your curiosity to meet the baby would have crossed all limits. Seven days have passed and you must be feeling as if these 9 months of pregnancy are about to end and you’ll meet your baby very soon. But actually, you have to wait for a long time before you play the role of a mother. You are just 2 weeks pregnant.
Role of a mother is quite complicated as you’ll have to scold him for his wrong actions and to make him stand on the right path. There will be days when your baby will prove that he’s your kid. Be patient and enjoy every moment as time knows how to fly!
Watch the comprehensive video on the 2-weeks pregnancy!
2 Weeks Pregnant
- Your baby’s size is increasing day by day and so is your desire to meet him.
- Your baby still weighs around zero kilograms. Don’t be surprised he’ll gain the required weight from week 8.
Symptoms – 2 weeks pregnant
You may not know what’s going on with you. And also, you may not even realize few changes that are taking place in your body. Jot them down and also consult a doctor when needed.
Changes in the breast
You will notice tender and swollen breasts. Breasts completely develop after the delivery of fetus i.e. lactation period will start after the delivery and for that purpose, your breasts are undergoing few changes so don’t worry about the same and relax.
You’ll find that there is an increase in urination but don’t worry its all normal and a part of this phase.
Now comes the main part i.e. your mood swings. Of course, you’ll have them. You may get irritated upon trivial stuff as well as you may show your craving towards those food items which you may be hating since a long time. This part is special. Enjoy and be demanding as much as you can.
You’ll suffer from nausea and vomiting. Avoid taking random medicines. Before taking one consult your doctor as a lot of medicines are avoided during pregnancy.
As your baby requires more of nutrients so your digestion process will slow down and you may release a bit of gas and bloat.
You may get tired too soon but it’s okay. Relax and after some time continue with your work. Don’t take stress and eat more apples or other fruits but not papaya.
Ultrasound – 2 weeks pregnant
- In week 2, you may not have an ultrasound. Also, you may not be able to notice your bumps as they become noticeable after week 10.
- But if you have gone for an ultrasound then after careful examination of your reports you will be able to find a spot which shows that your fetus is implanted in the endometrium (innermost uterus lining).
Diet to follow
Ensure that you are following a proper diet as you can’t be careless with the safety of your child.
- Don’t forget that the responsibility of your baby is with you so do take sufficient diet which could fulfill your daily requirements and of your baby’s. Don’t be afraid to gain weight. Your baby will add on to your beauty.
- Take a balanced choice of food which includes the presence of protein, fats, vitamins and minerals in the right proportions.
- Add on folic acid (by taking more of spinach, beans, and lentils) in your diet which will support your baby’s growth and development.
Thoughts for the week
You may be confused about whether you are pregnant or not. The absence of bumps at the stage may add to your confusion. But, take a pause.
Trust your instincts, of course after the pregnancy test, and try to increase intake of folic acid content in your body. You can also look forward to some exercises which you’ll have to practice daily for your healthy life. Be positive and try to surround yourself with positive pregnancy quotes.
The Basic – Don’ts during Pregnancy
In the end, I would like to say that you’ll reap good fruits if you have patience, calmness, tolerance, and endurance.
There’s a power hidden in patience. Take healthy diets, do regular exercises and surround yourself with positive thoughts. You are going through an amazing roller coaster journey so, tighten your belt and enjoy every bit of it!
“Enjoy your Path to Mom. Relish every Moment!”
Disclaimer: All content on this website, including medical opinion and other health-related information, should be considered as opinion only. Always seek the direct advice of your own doctor in connection with any questions or issues you may have regarding your own health or the health of others.