You are in the 20th week of pregnancy (~5 months pregnant). Your baby to be is becoming stronger. The immune system of the baby is getting developed. To fight with bacteria’s, viruses and other microorganisms you need a proper immune system. Every mother wishes that her baby becomes as strong as the mighty Thor but only a few of them work for the same. Have two full glasses of milk to ensure that the baby is getting proper calcium. You are 20 weeks pregnant.
Watch the comprehensive video on the 20-weeks pregnancy!
20 Weeks Pregnant
- Length: 16.4 centimeter
- Weight: 300 grams
- Your fetus is looking more and more like humans. He is about the size of a banana. He may have thin eyebrows and some hair on his head. Development of your baby’s nails, hair and eyebrows are going on.
Symptoms – 20 weeks pregnant
It is often caused due to indigestion, it is also known as epigastric pain. Eating junk food is not good for your health. Try some healthy stuff at home. Outside food carries a lot of antigens which is very dangerous for you and your baby’s health.
Your vaginal discharge will keep on increasing until you reach your delivery date. It happens to ensure that the vaginal area is clean and free from bacteria.
Leg cramps are something which you will have to bear throughout your pregnancy time. To prevent them going to a serious condition do stretches regularly and drink plenty of water.
From now you may feel energized and enjoy this energy of yours and utilize in some productive tasks.
Swelling of limbs
You may find that your limbs have swollen which happens purposely due to fluid retention in your body. Don’t worry unless swelling is sudden or severe. Mild swelling is normal and you will get through the same after the delivery.
Shortness of breath
Expansion of uterus pushes your lungs and you may feel short breathlessness. Sit down and relax. Don’t use stairs now if you are pregnant with twins. Don’t push yourself too hard. It’s okay, it’s normal!
Belly changes during pregnancy – 20 weeks pregnant
- By now your doctor will start measuring your fundal height. Fundal height is the distance from the pubic bone to the top of your uterus. You should be aware of every week’s fundal height and keep a check that you are in a proper range of height or not, as this height depicts or indicates the growth of the fetus. Twenty weeks pregnant belly measures around 18-20 centimetres.
- Lesser or higher value of fundal height indicates the gastrointestinal diseases or disorders or any growth-related issue of the baby. It is one of the festive moments as you have reached the halfway and just 20 weeks more then you will have your baby to be in your arms.
Ultrasound – 20 weeks pregnant
- Your baby develops taste buds. He is drinking a lot of amniotic fluid each day and it is even more than before. In this week’s ultrasound, you will see all parts of your baby including all chambers of his heart, kidneys and brain hemispheres.
- Your baby’s body is proportionate with his arms and legs balancing your baby’s head and his various features such as eyes, ears fingers, nails and hairs.
- Your baby’s hearing and other sensory responses are now effective as the connections between your baby brain and sensory organs have now developed.
- Lungs development is under construction. Your baby will not be able to survive outside because his lungs haven’t developed to the required amount.
Diet to follow – 20 weeks pregnant
Increase iodine intake in your diet as it is much required for your baby’s proper development. Best sources of iodine are cereal, pulses, and fresh food. Other sources of iodine include:
- Iodized salt
- Dairy products such as cheese, paneer, curd or yogurt.
- Vegetables like mushrooms, onions and spinach
Things to ponder about
It is one of the festive moments to start something fresh, new and exciting. It is a good time to find childbirth classes and engage yourself in some exciting activities. Think about your 24 weeks prenatal visits and plan them accordingly.
Things you need to pay attention at
Checklist – 20 weeks pregnant
- Avoid wearing heels when you leave for your office.
- Remove your rings if your fingers get swollen and keep them safe.
- Have your mid-pregnancy ultrasound.
You have reached the mid of your pregnancy and don’t forget to get the ultrasound done. Be careful with what you eat as your baby’s health is associated with your health. You will soon enter a phase of your life which is different from the others. You will play the role of a mother! Well, till then be calm. Be patient and take good care of yours!
“Enjoy your Path to Mom. Relish every moment!”
Disclaimer: All content on this website, including medical opinion and other health-related information, should be considered as opinion only. Always seek the direct advice of your own doctor in connection with any questions or issues you may have regarding your own health or the health of others.
Products from Amazon.in
Price: Check on Amazon
Price: INR 1,500.00Was: INR 3,000.00
Price: INR 344.00Was: INR 400.00
Price: INR 189.00Was: INR 199.00
Price: INR 339.00Was: INR 1,999.00
Price: INR 763.00Was: INR 950.00
Price: INR 860.00Was: INR 949.00
Price: Out of stock
Price: INR 899.00Was: INR 999.00