Soon to be momma your baby is about to come. You are now in the 21st week of pregnancy. Have you decided upon his name? It’s very important to decide his name as you must be sure what are you going to call him and with what name will you make his birth certificate. So if you haven’t decided upon his name, do it by this week. You are 21 weeks pregnant.
Watch the comprehensive video on the 21-weeks pregnancy!
21 Weeks Pregnant
- Length: 26.7 centimeter
- Weight: 360 grams
- Your baby’s skin now responds to touch. If you touch your belly then either he’ll move away or will push back!
Symptoms – 21 weeks pregnant
The reason behind indigestion during pregnancy is still not known but it may be caused due to an intake of junk food. It’s okay if you wish to have something good but it isn’t okay at all if you take junk food in the name of tasty food. Try new things at home instead of looking options outside.
You may find stretch marks on your belly which are caused due to an increase in the size of your womb. They occur due to sudden weight gain or due to family history.
Your skin will turn dry and itchy by week 21 making you feel irritated throughout the day. If you find a rash on your skin immediately contact your doctor as you may be suffering from PUPPP.
What is PUPPP?
PUPPP stands for Pruritic Urticarial Papules and Plaques of Pregnancy. It is characterized by an itchy, bumpy rash in the stretch marks of the abdomen in the last few months of pregnancy but clears after pregnancy.
You may feel the contraction of your uterus as uterus practices labor. Try to switch positions to avoid contractions. Inform your doctor in case you have severe pains.
Your breasts will be completely prepared for breastfeeding by the end of this trimester. It happens because if there occurs premature delivery then your baby must get mother’s milk to develop various antibodies which are essential for his survival.
Growing belly – 21 weeks pregnant
By this week you’ll put on 5-6 kilo weight and will be able to notice a proper bump if haven’t up till now. You would have added some beautiful curves on your body. It’s good to gain weight for you and your baby. Your weight gain is important for proper development of your baby. You gain weight to full fill your baby’s growing needs, to provide him with proper space for his growth. You glow and your hair shine due to hormonal changes. See, your baby is adding beauty to you so don’t worry about your increased weight!
Ultrasound – 21 weeks pregnant
- Your baby’s digestive system is preparing to work after delivery. And along with it, your baby’s reproductive system is under construction.
- Through ultrasound reports, you can see the glimpse of your fetus and will be able to view brain hemispheres and his chambers of the heart.
- Your baby now has proper eyebrows and is covered with a pasty layer of vernix caseosa. By now your baby’s liver and spleen have produced all the required blood cells. One-third of fetal blood cells are produced by the spleen.
- Due to the development of his senses, he is becoming aware of his sleeping and eating time.
Diet to follow – 21 weeks pregnant
- You should take tomato soup in your lunch as tomato is one of the vital fruit and it is safe to have it during pregnancy but you should not overeat.
- You can have carrot, sweet potato, oranges and green vegetables as they are a good source of vitamin A.
How to Ease Constipation?
You may still be suffering from constipation but you can eat the following foodstuffs which will provide relief from the same:
- Eat plenty of fiber-rich food such as oats, whole grain bread, whole wheat chapatti, dries fruits and nuts.
- It is very important to drink plenty of water along with fiber-rich food as fiber has the capability to absorb water causing dehydration which can worsen your condition.
- People often try out natural remedies such as eating figs (anjeer) and psyllium seeds (isabgol).
Things to muse upon
Confused with baby’s name? Or confused to decide whose name to be given to your baby? Well, that’s okay as your family will definitely be more excited than you and would be coming up with a different name whenever you have a conversation with them. Have a discussion regarding the same with your husband and finalize a name this week.
Checklist – 21 weeks pregnant
- It’s sure that your friends/family will plan for a baby shower.
- Have warm bath as it will provide you relief from backaches.
- Plan a visit to the dentist.
A baby shower is an indication that your baby is about to come home. Enjoy this time as you’ll be in demand, your family must be running behind you. But don’t miss your diet and exercises during this fun.
“Enjoy your path to Mom. Relish every moment”
Disclaimer: All content on this website, including medical opinion and other health-related information,
should be considered as opinion only. Always seek the direct advice of your own doctor in connection with any questions or issues you may have regarding your own health or the health of others.
Products from Amazon.in
Price: Check on Amazon
Price: INR 1,350.00Was: INR 2,700.00
Price: INR 353.00Was: INR 395.00
Mom & World Skin Bio Therapy Oil For Stretch Marks, Scars & Skin Toning - 200Ml (With Argan Oil, Cocoa Butter)Price: INR 799.00Was: INR 899.00
Price: INR 404.00Was: INR 475.00
Price: INR 220.00Was: INR 345.00
Price: INR 171.00Was: INR 185.00
Price: INR 340.00Was: INR 750.00