Eyes of an individual have the power of expression! They are able to speak stuff which your mouth hesitates or is unable to say. In this 26th week of pregnancy (you are now 26 weeks pregnant), your baby will open his eyes in your womb! His eyes are fully developed, separated from one another and reached their respective places. But the question is what will he see? The Darkness around him? Will the darkness scare him?
Watch the comprehensive video on the 26-weeks pregnancy!
26 Weeks Pregnant
- Length: 35.6 centimeter
- Weight: 780 grams
- Baby’s hearing and vision system are developed completely. If he hears any loud noise, he’ll be able to jump in your womb. You may be wondering that whether sounds reach your baby or not. Of course, they do.
- Your baby will soon open his blue eyes in your womb. The respiratory system is almost developed and by the end of this week, your baby will produce surfactant that helps in sticking of lung tissues.
Symptoms – 26 weeks pregnant
Trouble in sleeping
There may be a mismatch in the sleep timings of you and your baby. This may result in you yawning the whole day! If you think that you are not getting sufficient sleep and have to work in an office, try to take rest at short intervals of short durations.
Your brain is working very hard to meet yours and your baby’s need. So it is quite obvious that the brain will get tired soon. Also, due to improper sleep, your brain won’t be able to remember stuff. Write stuff on your sticky notes for help!
Variations in blood pressure
Your blood pressure may get disturbed during pregnancy because of increase in blood supply in the abdomen. Keep a track on your blood pressure as any change in your blood pressure may add risk to your baby’s life!
Well, headaches for this week are probably associated with improper sleep. Because you aren’t getting the proper sleep your brain may not be able to respond and function properly. So, have something good, take rest at short intervals and don’t miss your walks and exercises.
Swelling and contractions
It’s completely normal if you find that your hands and feet have swellings and you suffer from frequent uterus contractions. These are events which are preparing your body for the delivery of your little one! In case you find that your limbs have undergone sudden swelling and you suffer from a lot of pain from these contractions, inform your doctor as soon as possible.
Belly changes – 26 weeks pregnant
If you touch your belly, you’ll notice that your baby is responding very well towards the stimulus. You will find that your belly size is about 2.5 centimeter from your belly bottom. Your little one will keep on growing and so your belly size! Inform your doctor if you feel that you have suddenly gained weight as it could be the sign of preeclampsia.
Ultrasound – 26 weeks pregnant
- There will be no ultrasound this week. Don’t get disheartened as we will tell how is the life inside you. Your baby is taking breaths of amniotic fluid right now. He will soon breathe with air.
- Also, his immune system has developed to an extent that he can survive if delivered at this stage.
- His eyelashes have grown, eyes have reached their respective places and the hearing system has developed. Soon his lungs will be able to secrete surfactant which is required to stick the lung tissues.
- Don’t forget to take pictures of your belly.
- Carry snacks before leaving for an office.
- Plan your baby’s nursery.
Don’t worry mommas as your little one won’t get scared as he won’t realize things right now. But the fun fact here is that all the babies have blue eyes in the mother’s womb. You may ponder that after birth they’ll have a different eye colour. Well, that’s true. Your baby will have blue eyes in your womb but may possess a different eye colour after his birth. Development of your baby’s blue eye colour in your womb is not genetic. That just happens!
“Enjoy your path to Mom. Relish every moment!”
Disclaimer: All content on this website, including medical opinion and other health-related information, should be considered as opinion only. Always seek the direct advice of your own doctor in connection with any questions or issues you may have regarding your own health or the health of others.
Products from Amazon.in
Price: Check on Amazon
Price: INR 349.00Was: INR 554.00
Price: INR 998.00Was: INR 1,996.00
Price: INR 335.00Was: INR 395.00
Price: Check on Amazon
Price: INR 899.00Was: INR 999.00
Price: INR 385.00Was: INR 1,300.00
Price: INR 285.00Was: INR 350.00
Price: INR 208.00Was: INR 260.00