You must be wondering what the title is? Well, the title for the 27th week of pregnancy is associated with an old saying that when you miss someone, the person gets hiccups! So, you and your family might be eagerly waiting for the arrival of the new guest in the family, which has resulted in your baby having hiccups. Darling, you are 27 weeks pregnant and you’ll be able to feel him jumping in your womb when he will get those hiccups!
Watch the comprehensive video on the 27-weeks pregnancy!
27 Weeks Pregnant
- Length: 36.6 centimeter
- Weight: 875 grams
- Baby has 80% survival chances in case he is delivered in the week. Although he will have a weak liver and immune system he will be able to survive. He isn’t properly developed and will need an incubator for maintenance of his body’s temperature.
Symptoms – 27 weeks pregnant
You may quite often be suffering from muscular cramps specifically the ones in the leg. Think about the issue as you are carrying weight by your legs and they will need a large amount of energy to perform their task. But more of your energy is provided to your baby for his proper development and thus you suffer from muscular cramps.
Take proper rest to avoid backaches. Having back aches doesn’t mean that you aren’t going to move. You need to go out for walks and to perform your regular exercises. Your movement is needed as it will help you to maintain body postures and decrease these common discomforts.
It may be caused as a result of an unhealthy diet or by stomach pains due to changes in your digestive tract. Avoid taking medicines all by yourself as it could turn fatal for your baby’s life.
Hair, skin and nail changes
This is an amazing pregnancy change. You will find that your skin, nails, and hair have become thicker and are showing rapid growth. You will also notice that they have turned brittle.
They are either caused due to hard bowel movements or due to staining problems. During pregnancy, progesterone relaxes the walls of your veins allowing them to swell more easily. Take fiber rich diets and increase water intake to get some relief from the problem.
There is nothing you can do about it as you need to take water, you cannot avoid it. Also, you will have to go to the washroom as your baby to be is applying pressure on your bladder. You cannot avoid it either.
Growing belly – 27 weeks pregnant
If you desire a healthy baby then you must have gained 6.80- 13.60 kilograms weight. If you have twins then you will gain weight around 13- 20-kilograms. You must stick to weight gain recommendations as it will reduce pregnancy complications and preterm labour. Your baby’s activity is increasing day by day in your womb. You may feel tiny hiccups in your womb as your baby will jump when he will get those!
Ultrasound – 27 weeks pregnant
- Baby is right now practicing inhalation and exhalation so that he is able to inhale oxygen and exhale carbon dioxide after his birth.
- Your baby is showing brain activity. As his brain is developed, it will try to manage stuff for the newborn.
- The amniotic fluid is reduced by half. As bones of your baby have formed so you’ll be able to sense poking elbows and bony knees whenever he turns.
- You will have to visit the doctor twice next week. So be prepared for those visits and have fun!
Diet to follow
- Try to have healthy snacks and drinks during pregnancy. By healthy it implies no junk food. Junk food can cause an entry of an antigen. This can result in stress to your body. Your brain is already managing you and your baby’s proper growth. Now it will also have to fight with antigens so that you and your baby are safe.
- Healthy drinks include thandai, buttermilk, banana shake.
- Healthy snacks include baked aloo tikki, wheat masala dosa, poha. You can also enjoy homemade vegetarian or non-vegetarian momos.
Things to muse upon
You are going through a relishing journey filled with twists and turns darling! One festive for you is to sense your little one’s hiccups. Hope you have planned for your baby shower. Decided upon your outfit and makeup as well as upon the decoration. Have a discussion about the same with your friends, family and a better half.
Checklist – 27 weeks Pregnant
- Ask your friends and family to prepare for your baby shower.
- Have warm bath as it will provide you relief from backaches.
- Plan your baby’s nursery.
Soon to be Mommas enjoy the moment as your little one is able to breathe, sense and hear. His hiccups may indicate your excitement to meet him. Control your excitements and wait till your little one reaches your arm!
“Enjoy your Path to Mom. Relish every moment!”
Disclaimer: All content on this website, including medical opinion and other health-related information, should be considered as opinion only. Always seek the direct advice of your own doctor in connection with any questions or issues you may have regarding your own health or the health of others.
Products from Amazon.in
Price: Check on Amazon
Price: INR 217.00Was: INR 500.00
Price: Check on Amazon
Price: Check on Amazon