You may find it hard to complete your sleep as there may be a mismatch in the sleep timings of you and your baby. By week 28 of pregnancy, you will be able to sense your baby’s kicks! Isn’t it an amazing sensation? These kicks are the response generated by your baby towards various stimuli. You will also be able to sense your baby’s turns during his sleep. Enjoy your baby’s turns and kicks when you are 28 weeks pregnant.
Watch the comprehensive video on the 28-weeks pregnancy!
28 Weeks Pregnant
- Length: 37.6 centimeter
- Weight: 1005 grams
- Your baby is able to open his eyes and blink by this week. He is able to cry as his tear glands have developed.
- His bones are fully developed but are still soft. Your baby’s main focus is to develop major organ systems such as brain, lungs and heart. Your baby’s weight is increasing day by day. His body fat is about 2 to 3 percent.
Symptoms – 28 weeks pregnant
Increase in the level of hormones could be responsible for the troubles during your sleep. As you are getting closer to your delivery date so you will face more problems to sleep.
Shortness of breath
More of your body’s oxygen is provided to your baby for his proper development due to which you may suffer from short breaths. Avoid using stairs and use lifts in case you are living in flats. Carry a water bottle with you before leaving for an office.
Aches, pains, and contractions
You may suffer from severe aches, pains, and contractions. Pains and aches are produced due to muscular cramps, specifically, leg cramp and backaches. Contractions happen to prepare your body for pre-labour so that you have a happy and safe labour time. Such contractions are known as Braxton – hick’s contractions. These contractions carry out contractions of uterine muscles so that your body prepares itself for labour pains.
Though it is said that breast cells undergo last division after the birth of the baby. But at times they undergo the last division before the birth of the baby. If that happens then you may find that your breasts are leaking or basically producing a yellowish fluid, called colostrum which is rich in antibodies and is responsible for the development of your baby’s immune system.
Belly changes – 28 weeks pregnant
Your baby is about one kilogram and so your belly has increased 26-30 centimeters from your belly button. You may feel that your belly is about to burst but for the matter of fact, your baby has to grow a lot. You may find it difficult to locate a proper sleep position. Don’t stand for longer durations as your legs may pain. Drink plenty of water and try to stand in shade. Also, don’t forget to keep a track on your blood sugar level.
Ultrasound – 28 weeks pregnant
- Celebrate as now you have entered the third trimester of the pregnancy phase. The fat is getting deposited in the body of your little one and his cheeks are forming.
- The major thing which your baby to be has to learn is that how to insulate his body and regulate his organs. Development of all the vital organs of your baby is almost done. This fat deposition takes place to make sure that your baby’s body is well insulated.
- It is true that with more and more fat deposition your baby’s movement will get restricted and won’t be as active as he is now. Don’t worry about the same as that is needed. All you need to do is to enjoy the moment and his kicks!
- The most important thing that happens in this week is that your baby’s brain development is going on. At the moment he has billions of neurons which are to be segregated from one another, have to be provided with a particular function to perform and development of neurological network has to take place.
Diet to follow
- For the development of strong bones, teeth, muscular, nervous as well as cardiac system calcium is needed.
- One can get calcium from various sources such as dairy products, green vegetables (such as spinach, amaranth, beans), pulses, almond, and sesame.
- Vitamin D plays a crucial role in your body as it helps to absorb the calcium that you take.
- The best source of vitamin D is sunlight. Sit for about half an hour in sunlight and you will be able to collect the required amount of vitamin D for the day. You can also get vitamin D from oily fishes, eggs, and milk.
Things to ponder about
- The best thing you can do for the week helps your partner to feel your little ones kick. You and your hubby should try to converse with your baby to be and jot down his responses in your journal. See, you are going through various points which are to be listed in your journal, if in case you decide to go into a retrospect in the future.
- Hope you have decided upon the baby shower outfits and the makeup. Also, you can start planning the colour of your baby’s nursery.
Checklist – 28 weeks pregnant
- Avoid wearing heels when you leave for your office.
- Remove your rings if your fingers get swollen and keep them safe.
- Apply cream or lotions to your itching skin.
Enjoy the moment! Celebrate the same with your family as now your baby’s response toward stimuli is quite sharp. He can hear, see as well as respond well towards change in the external environment. You are marching towards the end of this journey darling! You will soon enter another phase of your life which is of the mothers! Well, until then be calm. Be patient and take good care of yours!
“Enjoy your Path to Mom. Relish every moment!”
Disclaimer: All content on this website, including medical opinion and other health-related information, should be considered as opinion only. Always seek the direct advice of your own doctor in connection with any questions or issues you may have regarding your own health or the health of others.