Week 29 of pregnancy is all filled with happiness, laughter, glee and enjoyment. It’s you who’s responsible for your family’s smile. With the news of the arrival of a baby in the family, all past issues get sorted and you have your happy family once again! Now you are 29 weeks pregnant!
Watch the comprehensive video on the 29-weeks pregnancy!
29 Weeks Pregnant
- Length: 38.6 centimeter
- Weight: 1153 grams
- Your baby is able to dream by this week as there is a simultaneous increase in the development of his brain. He is working to deposit fat in his body and is trying to control his body temperature.
- Formation of prolactin is going on so that in case if you have a premature delivery then, your baby will be able to receive his mother’s milk.
Symptoms – 29 weeks pregnant
Increase in urine formation
As there is an increase in your belly size due to the development of your little one, you will suffer from frequent urination. It doesn’t mean that you will not have water. You should have water to meet your daily requirements.
Trouble in sleeping
You may face various troubles while sleeping which could be due to backaches or various contractions. Try to sleep in various comfortable positions so that you get some time to relax.
Constipation and hemorrhoids
There are chances that you may be suffering from constipation or hemorrhoids. Eat fiber-rich food, take plenty of water and go for walks or don’t miss upon your exercises.
Back, leg or hip pain
You may be suffering from back, leg or hip pains due to your increased weight. Your body may not be able to balance your increased weight but it doesn’t imply that you aren’t going to eat well or move. See it’s important for you to move, to eat and to drink water as all these things matter a lot to the life that is nurturing inside you.
There are chances that you may be having heavy headaches daily which could be difficult for you to handle. Don’t take any random medicine which you think can provide you relief from the same. Eat something healthy, nutritious or juicy which you think can uplift you from your headaches and mood swings.
You may find that your belly skin is changing, it is becoming hard. All this happens so as to protect your baby to be from any damage. Due to the change in the skin of your belly, you may feel to scratch it but avoid doing so. Apply some lotion there and stay relaxed.
Belly changes – 29 weeks pregnant
- Count the number of times you are able to sense your baby’s kicks. You will notice that there is a sharp increase in his energy level day by day, also there is an increase in your belly size which is needed to ensure proper growth and development of your little one.
- You will also notice that by this week your bra may become damp due to the synthesis of a hormone known as prolactin which is formed by synthesis of estriol by a placenta.
Ultrasound – 29 weeks pregnant
- Researchers believe that due to the development of brain waves by this week, your baby is capable enough to dream. Isn’t it a holy news?
- Bones are becoming hardened so that they take proper shape and build the body of your baby to be.
- Cranium plates of the brain aren’t fused together at the time of birth so they require a proper cervical opening so that you deliver a fit and fine baby.
- Hearing senses are so well developed that he will soon get startled to the outside sounds and will move in your womb whenever he will be able to sense any sound.
Diet Plan – 29 weeks pregnant
- The healthiest stuff for you is almond, milk, apple, and carrot juice.
- You can satisfy your hunger pangs with various delicious stuff such as baked spinach, cheese rolls or stir-fried chicken.
Things to muse upon
It’s simple and quite logical that if your baby is capable enough to dream then obviously his dreams and attitude will be influenced by your thoughts. So it is your duty to develop a calm and composed baby who is free from short temper and anger issues and for that you need to think well. Enjoy your time as a wife because dear wifey you will soon have to play the role of a mother which is different from all other!
Checklist – 29 weeks pregnant
- Complete your baby shower preparations.
- Have warm bath as it will provide you relief from backaches.
- Work on having a healthy diet.
It’s okay if you don’t find people comfortable. It’s okay if you are frustrated with them. But the matter of the fact is that it’s is a festive moment and you are all one family. Enjoy the time. Grab all the care, attention and love from your friends, family and your husband! Have a great time and be in the best of your health.
“Enjoy your path to Mom. Relish every moment”
Disclaimer: All content on this website, including medical opinion and other health-related information, should be considered as opinion only. Always seek the direct advice of your own doctor in connection with any questions or issues you may have regarding your own health or the health of others.