You are 30 weeks pregnant. Your baby has got the moves like Ninja. He is dancing, sleeping, boxing, moving as well as responding in your womb. His free movements show that he is comfortable and is having a great time in your womb. While conversing with your little one, tell him that enjoy these moments to the fullest because once he is born he will have to work hard to make his parents proud, to become successful in his life, to achieve his dreams and to help people in need!
Watch the comprehensive video on the 30-weeks pregnancy!
30 Weeks Pregnant
- Length: 39.9centimeter
- Weight: 1319 grams
- The development of the baby’s brain continues along with the formation of red blood corpuscles (or the RBCs) and the hardening of bones.
- Deposition of fat is going on to insulate your baby’s organs and to provide him energy after birth. Your baby is increasing in size so with time you will miss upon these occasional kicks, jabs, and movements.
Symptoms – 30 weeks pregnant
Heartburns or epigastric pains
The primary cause of such pains is acidity. Have a watch on the food you are taking. Intake of greasy, heavy, spicy or acidic food causes these pains and heartburns.
Swellings happen due to a supply of additional blood and fluid to your body part. This extra fluid accounts for 25% weight gain of the total women’s body during pregnancy. Notice carefully that you aren’t a patient of preeclampsia.
Trouble in sleeping
The root causes of your sleeping issues are the pains, aches and the contractions which you are going through. These contractions happen to prepare your body for labour and these pains and aches such as backaches happen due to your increased weight.
All these pains and aches are responsible for your discomfort so try to relax through exercises. Bathe with warm water and avoid bending and bringing out things kept at heights as it can risk your as well as your baby’s life.
Shortness of breath
Reduction in the availability of oxygen causes shortness of breath. So avoid exercises for longer durations and use lift instead of stairs if you are living in an apartment.
Changes in belly
- You may notice that by now you are having good contractions in your belly. These are Braxton Hicks contractions which happen to prepare your body for labour pains. Now you are aware why such contractions happen but the question is that when such contractions happen? The contractions occur when your body is dehydrated and tired. And, also when you do exercises for longer durations.
- Whenever you have these contractions, first of all, sit down or lie down by your side. Try to relax and drink plenty of water so that you don’t feel dehydrated. If you are lying down and still you don’t feel comfortable then wait for sometime so that your body gets well adjusted and if there is no improvement then try to turn slowly so that you find a relaxing position and then again wait for some time. Give your body enough time to get adjusted.
Ultrasound – 30 weeks pregnant
- You usually don’t have a 30 weeks pregnant ultrasound if you are having an uncomplicated surgery. Your baby’s skin is getting smoother and his brain tissues are undergoing rapid development.
- If you are having twins then they would be growing at the same pace. You need not to worry about the same as your brain is carrying out all the essential activities of your baby to be.
- If you go for your prenatal visit, then you will find that through various instruments baby’s contraction and heart rates are measured. It is essential to determine these to know that the baby’s heart is functioning well.
Diet to follow
- You should have iron-rich food throughout your pregnancy because the iron which is present in haemoglobin will increase the binding of oxygen and therefore provide you with relief from short breaths.
- Iron is present in meat, oily fish, and eggs. If you wish to avoid non-vegetarian food then your body can meet the iron needs from plant-based sources such as watercress, broccoli, and kale.
Things to ponder about
Your prime attention should be on the type of meals you take i.e. whether they are healthy or not? Then you must focus on your daily exercises so that you can maintain body postures and get relieved from backaches. Your baby’s health should be your priority than your work or moods. And just because he is associated with you so, it’s your prime duty to take good care of yourself, dear mommas! Avoid eating junk. Start with healthy stuff. And manage your exercises.
Checklist – 30 weeks pregnant
- Practice a hospital run.
- Use lifts rather than stairs in your building.
- Plan your diet well by taking care of iron contents in it.
Enjoy these ninja kicks and jabs of your little one along with no compromise upon the healthy eating and with carrying out daily exercises properly, which is, of course, a mantra for healthy and successful pregnancy!
“Enjoy your Path to Mom. Relish every moment!”
Disclaimer: All content on this website, including medical opinion and other health-related information, should be considered as opinion only. Always seek the direct advice of your own doctor in connection with any questions or issues you may have regarding your own health or the health of others.
Products from Amazon.in
Price: Check on Amazon
Price: Check on Amazon
RAFA Posture Corrector / RAFA Shoulder protector / RAFA Back brace / RAFA Shoulder alignment brace -LargePrice: INR 1,250.00Was: INR 2,500.00
Price: INR 1,250.00Was: INR 2,500.00
Price: Check on Amazon
Price: INR 799.00Was: INR 1,999.00
Johnson's Baby Care Collection Baby Gift Set with Organic Cotton Baby Dress and Milestone Book (10 Pieces)Price: INR 784.00Was: INR 900.00
Price: INR 699.00Was: INR 799.00