By the week 31st of pregnancy, you will notice a very weird change in you. You will start to forget a lot of things in a day. But darling, don’t forget that you have to exercise daily and try to go for walks. Start writing things on your sticky notes and stick them on your desk. This will help you in recalling the things faster. You are 31 weeks pregnant.
Watch the comprehensive video on the 31-weeks pregnancy!
31 Weeks Pregnant
- Length: 41.1 centimeter
- Weight: 1502 grams
- At this stage, your baby’s activeness is much needed. Your doctor will ask you to count your baby’s kicks as this shows how active he is. If there is any decrease in his activity then drink a glass of juice. If this increases the baby’s activity call your doctor and notify him.
Symptoms – 31 weeks pregnant
Dry, brittle nails
Due to pregnancy, your nails would have become dry and brittle. Use moisturizing cuticle oil.
Join prenatal yoga class which can provide you relief from backaches. Along with these classes try to stretch so that your body is able to set postures that can reduce your backaches.
Your breasts are now ready to secrete colostrum. So at times, you may feel that some sort of liquid is getting released through your breasts.
There is an urge to urinate at regular intervals during pregnancy. You would be very familiar with the urge since you are going through it for the past few weeks. In case you are feeling some sort of pain during micturition (the process of release of urine) contact your doctor as soon as possible.
Shortness of breath
It’s good for you and your baby to exercise, but definitely take rest at short intervals which is very much needed.
Belly changes – 31 weeks pregnant
You must be used to with these Braxton Hicks contractions. Due to these contractions, aches, and pains, you will face trouble while sleeping. Compromise towards the sleep triggers your headaches. You will have to go to the washroom several times which isn’t an issue until you don’t feel any pain during micturition.
Due to the formation of colostrum in your breasts, you may at times feel that something is leaking in your breasts. Don’t get afraid as your breasts are just preparing themselves for lactation.
You may face various difficulties in carrying your baby bump and it’s even more difficult for first-time pregnancy. But don’t worry there is always a first time!
Ultrasound – 31 weeks pregnant
- This week is all about the development of major parts of the brain and nerves. His eyes are undergoing fast development and formation of iris has taken place. Your baby’s iris can now respond to light.
- The ultrasound analysis is done for those patients who have gastrointestinal diabetes, are pregnant with twins, or have pregnancy complications. At times, many parents get the 3D ultrasound done to know the whereabouts of their little one in the womb.
- Your baby’s reproductive organs are undergoing final adjustments. In the ultrasound report, you will be surprised to see that along with the facial features, your baby’s body movement is captured.
- If you wish to have a closer look at the ultrasound, you will be able to witness your baby’s eye movements. You will see how his eyes open and shut down. Isn’t it amazing? Enjoy the moment dear parents!
Diet to follow
According to the latest research, soon to be mommas have to take 200 extra calories a day in her last trimester. But few doctors recommend 300 calories a day for the pregnant ladies in the second trimester and third trimester. You should gather proper information about the same with your doctors.
Three hundred calories are equivalent to two chapattis and one bowl of sabzi which is to be taken extra in a day.
Things to ponder about
You should pay attention to the movements of a fetus and don’t miss the diets that you are supposed to take. Also, spend some time in sunlight in order to get the required amount of vitamin D.
And are you done with the plans for the nursery? Or your planning is still going on? Well, it’s one of the amazing things to decide upon. Have a word about all your dreams for your baby’s nursery with your hubby, parents, and your relatives.
Things you need to pay attention at
Checklist – 31 weeks pregnant
- Plan your maternity leave.
- Buy a ‘baby safe book‘ and study it properly.
- Apply cream or lotions for your itching skin.
Life is all about struggles. You will have to struggle a lot to deliver a healthy baby who will add a smile to everyone’s face. Don’t worry, it is difficult but isn’t impossible. You may start to forget a lot of things. But don’t stress your brain as it working really hard to ensure that you and your baby’s requirements are properly met. Have a good time seeing your baby’s blinking eyes.
“Enjoy your Path to Mom. Relish every moment!”
Disclaimer: All content on this website, including medical opinion and other health-related information, should be considered as opinion only. Always seek the direct advice of your own doctor in connection with any questions or issues you may have regarding your own health or the health of others.
Products from Amazon.in
Price: Check on Amazon
Price: INR 899.00Was: INR 1,999.00
Price: INR 324.00Was: INR 499.00
Price: Check on Amazon
Gopuja New Born Baby Multi-Color Long Sleeve Cotton Sleep Suit Romper for Boys and Girls Pack of 3 Rompers (Pink, 0-3 Months)Price: INR 652.00Was: INR 799.00