What are you looking for darling? A prince charming or a beautiful princess? A baby boy or a baby girl? Hold down your control and be patient for a while as after a few days you will give birth to a life! You are in the 39th week of your pregnancy. Your little piece of love will be born! You will nurture and love him. He will complete you and your journey from maiden to mother. He will open doors for your new phase and will let you enjoy and cherish your motherhood. You are 39 weeks pregnant.
Watch the comprehensive video on the 39-weeks pregnancy!
39 Weeks Pregnant
- Length: 50.7 centimeter
- Weight: 3288 grams
- At week 39 your baby-to-be is fully developed and ready for delivery. Your baby-to-be has undergone development in the past nine months. Like, various organ systems such as respiratory, digestive, circulatory, reproductive and the very important one i.e. the nervous system were developed.
- By this week, he is establishing proper networks in his body, gaining weight and growing hair. There is not much of it which is to be done for this week, it’s just the finishing which he is doing this week.
Symptoms – 39 weeks pregnant
Frequent Braxton hicks contractions
They will be happening very frequently and you should get used to with these contractions. As soon as your delivery date comes closer you will notice an increase in these Braxton Hicks contractions. These contractions will further lead to parturition.
It is applied to the positions of your baby in the womb. At times he would be sitting so low that you may feel a pressure in your pelvis.
It is the sharp, lightening sensations given by your baby when he would be sitting very low in your womb.
Urge to nest
Don’t go crazy to clean your house before the arrival of the new guest. You should avoid going out shopping or any labour-intensive task. Wait and relax for short intervals over short durations.
At week 39, your vaginal discharge is very thick and at times you may find a tinge of blood in it. The reason that why this actually happens isn’t known, some say that it is an indication you will go into labour soon.
Belly changes – 39 week pregnant
By now your relatives, parents, friends and your better half would be eager to find out that if your labour has started. Your belly would have reached the maximum size by now and don’t worry if you are having contractions. The matter of concern is when you have severe contractions, it could be a sign of parturition.
Signs of labour
At the end of week 39, you have the thick vaginal discharge which means that your amniotic sac has ruptured and will go into labour within a short span of time.
Contractions are necessary for parturition to happen. You may be facing these contractions very frequently by now, which is quite obvious. If the intervals between these contractions are getting shorter then it is actually an indication for parturition.
Ultrasound – 39 weeks pregnant
- Your baby has accumulated fat to an extent that he can stay warm and maintain internal body temperature with change in an external environment that is homeostasis after he is born.
- If you get your ultrasound test then you will notice that your baby has his head at the bottom of your pelvis and would be lying straight or obliquely.
- Basically, his tasks for the week are to finish up with the nervous connections in his body and complete the fat accumulation along with the hair development.
Diet to follow
- You should try eating spicy curry for labour. But you should note that spicy foods cause heartburns, epigastric pains or indigestion.
- You can have fresh pineapple. It contains enzyme bromelain which helps to soften the cervix.
Things to muse upon
Don’t worry and panic. Make plans to see a movie, have a walk, read or lounge around a home. Relish and enjoy this peaceful time while it lasts! To get some relief from your aches and weight, distract yourself with various tasks and keep a maid so that you can get relief from the tasks. Take rest and don’t stress yourself.
- Talk about happy birth experiences.
- Come up with final baby names.
- Gather information about homebirth.
You should be sure about your baby’s names by now and know about various delivery issues. Discuss and gather information about various birth stories. Be positive and relax. Don’t stress too much and try to go for a walk or a movie to distract yourself from issues.
“Enjoy your Path to Mom. Relish every moment!”
Disclaimer: All content on this website, including medical opinion and other health-related information, should be considered as opinion only. Always seek the direct advice of your own doctor in connection with any questions or issues you may have regarding your own health or the health of others.
Products from Amazon.in
Price: Check on Amazon
Price: INR 799.00Was: INR 1,999.00
Price: INR 699.00Was: INR 1,999.00
Price: INR 797.00Was: INR 999.00
Price: INR 722.00Was: INR 946.00
Price: INR 999.00Was: INR 1,595.00
Price: INR 623.00Was: INR 1,299.00