You may not realize that there’s a life inside you, growing day by day and gradually turning into an embryo which is around 8-16 cells. Your little piece of love is making his path from zygote to the embryo and will soon turn into a fetus that would be ready for delivery. You are 5 weeks pregnant.
Watch the comprehensive video on the 5-weeks pregnancy!
5 Weeks Pregnant
Baby’s growth – 5 weeks pregnant
- Length: 0.23 cm.
- Weight: 0.19 gram.
- Baby’s gastrointestinal tract, spinal cord, blood vessels and heart is beginning to form. The size of the embryo is that of an apple.
- In this week you can hear the sound of your baby’s ticker that will start beating for the first time. You may not be able to hear it but maybe you sense it.
- Formation of an embryo is followed by the formation of three distinct layers i.e. ectoderm forming skin along with the nervous system, endoderm which is responsible for the formation of the digestive and excretory system and mesoderm which is responsible for the formation of muscles and circulatory system.
Wondering about the baby?
Symptoms – 5 weeks pregnant
As the level of hCG doubles up in every 48 hours so there are high chances that you may have emotional misbalance i.e. you may feel relaxed for a moment but get stressed up in the next moment. These are the signs indicating that you are pregnant!
There are chances that you may suffer from breast pains but that’s completely normal but in case of heavy pains call your doctor and get yourself checked.
Your body has to perform several tasks and with the increased number of tasks your body will get tired and all you need to do is take proper rest and short breaks between your working hours.
Well, it is quite difficult to identify this symptom because we generally fail to notice it but for the matter of fact, your running time between the washrooms will increase.
There are chances that bleeding occurs but that shouldn’t be more than a few drops as it indicates that implantation has occurred and cervical sensitivity has increased. In case of heavy bleeding contact your doctor.
It is true that you may suffer from cramps which happens due to an increase in the size of the uterus or when successful implantation had occurred.
Ultrasound – 5 weeks pregnant
- When you’ll look at your reports carefully then you’ll find that there is a fluid filling a gastrointestinal tract which is indicated by a dark area. With time the fluid will get replaced by a sac containing amniotic fluid in which your soon to be baby will complete his growth for the next few months.
- This white circle is known as yolk sac. Before the formation of the placenta, this yolk sac will play its role that is providing food and nutrition to the embryo and removes the waste products produced by the embryo.
Your doctor will now discuss weight gain recommendations with you though you may not find any change in your belly you should be aware of the same. The various weight gain guidelines outlined by the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologist (ACOG) are as follows:
Know your diet
- Add almonds to your diet along with blueberries. Also, try to have an orange daily.
- Add on brown rice along with eggs in your diet. Hope you are taking food items rich in folic acid like spinach.
Thoughts for the week
You shouldn’t compromise on your sleep. Take proper rest as your body needs to perform several functions at a time. Also, many women’s worry about trivial issues and fails to pay attention to their diet and daily exercises. So, all you need to do is relax properly and take proper sleep.
Reminders To-do list
- Download a pregnancy app that will help you to stay organized for the next 8 months.
- You can also press the like button on the social sites which provides you positive pregnancy quotations which will definitely make you feel elevated.
- Increase water intake as there is an increase in urination.
- Cut out on smoking and alcohol if you haven’t.
As your baby to be has taken a step forward to reach his destination so have you. You deserve to enjoy the time and try to manage your mood swings and never miss out on your diets. Stay healthy stay fit as-as a fiddle!
“Enjoy your Path to Mom. Relish every Moment!”
Disclaimer: All content on this website, including medical opinion and other health-related information, should be considered as opinion only. Always seek the direct advice of your own doctor in connection with any questions or issues you may have regarding your own health or the health of others.