Soon to be momma, you are 6 weeks pregnant. It’s a festive moment for you as your baby’s heart is almost developed and its beating! It’s only you who can sense it and maybe you feel the same. Isn’t it a fabulous moment? And also, by now your baby’s size is almost equal to that of a sweet pea. You are 6 weeks pregnant.
Watch the comprehensive video on the 6-weeks pregnancy!
6 Weeks Pregnant
- Length: 0.38 cm
- Weight: 0.28 gram
- Your baby’s heart will develop completely by the end of this week and will beat rhythmically but the same is too faint which cannot be detected by doctor’s stethoscope and his heart will beat about 150 times a minute. Also, the baby’s brain hemispheres are forming and brain waves can now be recorded.
Symptoms – 6 weeks pregnant
For your baby’s proper development your body is putting in various efforts and thus it requires lots and lots of energy and proper rest as your body will get tired after some time.
During baby’s growth, several hormonal changes will be taking place in your body so there are chances that you suffer from morning sickness and it may last for the entire day. An empty stomach may trigger the vomiting reflex of your body so instead of avoiding meals try to have short meals at short duration.
Your body is preparing for lactation and so breast turns sore and the colour of nipples darkens.
With the increase in hormone hCG, there are high chances you go to washrooms more frequently. Increase in urination is normal but painful urination and bleeding problems which occur during urination aren’t Consult a doctor in case such things happen.
Gas and bloating
As the nutrients taken by you is shared with your baby to be so your digestion process slows down and increase the level of progesterone in your body may result in bloating.
Ultrasound – 6 weeks pregnant
- You would be curious to know about your baby and the whereabouts of the life he’s sharing with you. So let me tell you very soon, in around 8-9 weeks you’ll be going for a prenatal checkup. But, at times doctors ask you to get the checkup done in this week in case they have any doubt.
- If you have gone through the ultrasound you’ll be able to find the fetal pole in the reports which will be showing the heartbeats of your soon to be baby. Also, you’ll find two fetal poles in the reports if you have twins.
- Don’t panic in case your doctor is unable to locate a fetal pole. Maybe the development of the baby has not reached this stage. You don’t need to worry. Doctor’s will inform you about the same.
Diet for the week
- Your motto for the week’s diet should be to eat at least two or more portions of oily fish a week like a mackerel or sardines.
- Increase the intake of dairy food items such as milk, cheese and yogurt which have immense calcium content to provide the required strength to your body.
Things to ponder about
Of course, it will give you immense pleasure when you’ll actually realize that there’s a life nurturing in your womb. The baby has taken a big step and you may be able to sense the beats of his heart. Your little piece of love has a long journey which he has to follow to reach your arms.
- Try to be happy and don’t worry.
- Have patience and don’t panic as it will addon stress which isn’t good for your health and can affect your baby.
- Take proper diet.
- Don’t miss out on your regular exercises.
How to deal with constipation?
Constipation during pregnancy is quite normal and every three out of four suffer from the issue. Given below are the three important points which may help you from the constipation related issues.
- Wear a supportive bra which can provide you relaxation from your tender breasts.
- Drink a lot of water and increase milk intake in your diet.
- To deal with morning sickness take short meals at shorter durations.
By the end of this week, your baby’s heart will develop properly and will beat more efficiently. You are going through a different journey, and opening the doors of another phase of your life where you’ll enjoy the happiness of motherhood. This phase is filled with full of love, responsibility and of course adventure. Hope you have a great time.
“Enjoy your path to Mom. Relish every moment!”
Disclaimer: All content on this website, including medical opinion and other health-related information, should be considered as opinion only. Always seek the direct advice of your own doctor in connection with any questions or issues you may have regarding your own health or the health of others.
Products from Amazon.in
Price: Out of stock
Price: INR 429.00Was: INR 590.00
Price: INR 214.00Was: INR 699.00
Price: INR 284.00Was: INR 299.00
Price: INR 764.00Was: INR 850.00
Price: INR 360.00Was: INR 395.00
Price: INR 136.00Was: INR 215.00