We know the wait seems like forever, but now you are 7 weeks pregnant!
It’s awesome, you’ve been so good to yourself and your baby. Now, you must be curious about how much your baby has grown, how he/she looks like and many other doubts must be running through your mind. But don’t worry, we are right here to guide you through the following weeks of your pregnancy. You are 7 weeks pregnant.
Watch the comprehensive video on the 7-weeks pregnancy!
7 Weeks Pregnant
Baby development – 7 weeks pregnant
- Length: 0.79 cm
- Weight: 0.5 gram
By now your baby is just an embryo and pretty tiny in size. It has developed to the size of a blueberry. Its limbs and hands are just developing. You can also imagine its small transparent eyelids that are closed for now.
Your embryo weighs the size of an Aspirin. How cute is that! Your curiosity level must have spiked another notch reading this, but hold on, it’s a long way to go and you have to be a patient mother.
Symptoms – 7 weeks pregnant
- If you are nauseous all the time try to chew ginger or smell lemon, this will surely resist the tendency to throw up.
- Taking plenty of rest is also very necessary but don’t get bedridden. Try to exercise daily. Take brisk walks in the morning or evening. This will keep you and your baby healthy.
- As your body is growing along with your baby, your breasts will develop too. The size of your breasts will increase a size or two. The tough part is where I might hurt a little due to the sudden deposition of adipose tissue.
- Aversions might occur but this is just to control your urge to overindulge. Aversions go hand in hand with morning sickness.
- You might be troubled with acne too, but don’t worry, this is just a hormonal change mommy.
- You might get moody at times, but be patient with yourself. With all the spiked-up hormones your body goes through a lot of changes. Stay patient and let it sink it.
- Pelvic cramps are also normal but do not take any medicine that isn’t prescribed. Consult your doctor and take medicines accordingly.
Diet to follow
Eating must have become a tough task for now as you must be pestered with morning sickness. The smell of food might make you sick too. But don’t worry about it.
It will all go away at one point in time. What is important is that you need to eat healthy so that you can provide nourishment to your baby.
- Eat little meals at short intervals.
- Eat fresh food like fruits, smoothies, cereals etc.
- Proteins and vitamins are necessary especially vitamin B6. Try to take supplements for it
- Replace your normal salt with iodized salt. Iodine is very important for the development of your fetus.
- Your bones need nourishment so eat food that contains a good amount of calcium.
- Eat food rich in Fibre, Vitamin C, Vitamin A, Calcium & Folic acid.
- By week 7 you might develop a craving for several rich foods that might be a little high on the scale of calories. Do indulge in them, but do not overdo. This might result in unwanted deposition of fat.
Keep a check on
There are several little details both the mother and the father need to take care of during the 9 months of their journey.
A few of them are like,
Ultrasound – 7 weeks pregnant
We know you are excited to see your little baby. Ultrasounds aren’t very helpful and common during the 7th week. But some impatient parents take up ultrasound tests to see their little embryo growing into a fetus. This is also done to check multiple pregnancies.
Best fact of the 7th-week pregnancy
So these were a few things you need to know about your 7th week with your little baby on your tummy. Take care of yourself and be a happy mother.
“Enjoy your Path to Mom. Relish every moment!”
Disclaimer: All content on this website, including medical opinion and other health-related information, should be considered as opinion only. Always seek the direct advice of your own doctor in connection with any questions or issues you may have regarding your own health or the health of others.