Week nine is another festive moment for you darling! You are 9 weeks pregnant. Your baby to be is now a fetus and is able to show his response towards stimulus such as a change in light, noise. He would be showing vigorous movements in your womb by now. Isn’t it amazing?
Watch the comprehensive video on the 9-weeks pregnancy!
9 Weeks Pregnant
Baby development – 9 weeks pregnant
- Length: 28.45 cm
- Weight: 3.97 gram
- Your baby’s heart is completely developed and eyelid formation is going on. The arms develop bones and legs start to move. He is growing day by day and so is your belly.
Symptoms – 9 weeks pregnant
Well, in week 9 you may suffer from nasal congestion as in pregnancy mucus secretion increases. So keep some napkins with you.
So, by now maybe you get used to with this symptom as it is following you since week one. Just because your muscles get tired very soon, it doesn’t mean that you aren’t going to work. Don’t do that because it can complicate things. It is very important for you to perform your daily tasks. Keep walking and drink a lot of water just like a fish.
Headache and morning sickness
Another symptom which is following you since week one. As your nervous system is controlling you and your baby’s activities like distribution of food, taking care of water need of your baby so isn’t it obvious that it will get tired! Headaches are a sign of pregnancy. Don’t get irked. Try to control it by eating good food and taking proper sleep.
Frequent urination is utilizing most of your time going to the washroom. Isn’t it funny? So, it is important for you to stay hydrated. So don’t forget to keep your water bottle before leaving to the office.
You may be struggling to get into your old clothes at week nine. Well, that’s so because now your soon to be baby is double of its size, therefore, your uterus is expanding slowly. You may find your abdomen thicker and that part is your uterus or womb and it will soon come out of your pelvis. You may appear pregnant by now! Also, weight gain at week 9 is recommended by doctors. So, have a conversation with your doctor about the same.
Ultrasound – 9 weeks pregnant
- By analyzing this week’s ultrasound report we get to know that you’ll be able to listen to your baby’s tiny heartbeat.
- This week’s ultrasound is important as it will confirm that your pregnancy is uterine. There are chances that people suffer from ectopic pregnancy i.e. fetus gets implanted in the fallopian tube which can be dangerous!
- All major organs such as brain, heart, kidneys as well as baby’s genitals are undergoing the process of development in your womb.
Diet to follow
- Add on dark green vegetables such as broccoli, spinach and watercress in your diet.
- Eat more nuts especially cashew nuts.
- Eat lots of dried fruits such as apricot and resins and prunes.
Thoughts for the week
You can plan your prenatal schedule for 12 weeks and have a conversation with the doctor about various tests which are to be conducted to know the growth of the baby. Make a list of things that you need during pregnancy. You can think of various ways to convey the good news to your family. Stay relaxed and drink a lot of water, keep a track of your symptoms and do regular exercises.
- Gather information on various health insurance policies.
- Choose a few safe exercises which you can comfortably practice throughout pregnancy.
- Be prepared for breast changes and don’t forget to have a word with the doctor about the same.
As you are going through one of the most beautiful phases of your life you may have a few questions such as how will you feel when your baby will kick you for the first time in your womb? Will you give birth to a boy or a girl? Actually, you can plan names for your baby. Get your questions answered by your elders. Listen to them carefully and follow the instructions given by them. Also, be in contact with your doctor. You may call him about things, but don’t be afraid to do so. It’s okay to have several questions but it isn’t okay if you don’t find answers to them. Enjoy this time and mention every moment in your journal. You’ll love to read it later.
“Enjoy your Path to Mom. Relish every moment!”
Disclaimer: All content on this website, including medical opinion and other health-related information, should be considered as opinion only. Always seek the direct advice of your own doctor in connection with any questions or issues you may have regarding your own health or the health of others.
Products from Amazon.in
Price: Check on Amazon
Price: Check on Amazon
Price: INR 385.00Was: INR 1,300.00
Price: INR 234.00Was: INR 260.00
Price: Out of stock
Price: Check on Amazon
Price: INR 429.00Was: INR 675.00