There is no actual formula when it comes to buying baby bottles and nipples. There is no such formula that will bring in the best formula for success. For some babies, it is not even a choice as they will take up any bottle happily with a smile. Even if it is breastfeeding formula or formula feeding, your baby is likely to need a lot of bottles and nipples. A guide to baby bottles and nipples will take you through the best bottles and nipples you can get for your baby.
The article will explain all the tits and bits on how many bottles a day does a baby need, baby bottle sizes by age, what size baby bottles do you need, baby bottle size guide, and so on. Keep on reading for the knowledge.
A Guide To Baby Bottles And Nipples
What size Baby Bottles do you need?
Bigger size bottles are not always an optimal solution when it comes to bottles. Some of us even want to opt for nipples.
The baby bottle size guide that you need to follow are, first and the primary thing that you need to keep in mind is to discuss the specifics about the bottles and its feeding with your paediatrician. The quantity of milk your baby can consume will depend totally on the baby as well as a lot of other factors.
- For every 2-3 hours, formula fed newborns will need at least 2-3 ounces.
- The serving size of the bottle can be a little bit when it comes to a newborn especially when they are breastfed.
- Your baby might be drinking even 5 ounces in a day. Therefore, getting the approximate size bottle is the right choice.
Baby Bottle Nipple Sizes
It is a troublesome job to find about the bottles and nipples that are going to work the best with your babies. It is very important to know what and which bottles and nipples you are getting your hands on. Buying the best bottles for babies is a very difficult job as one often gets confused about the kind of material to buy and many other such options.
Here is a guide to baby bottles and nipples that are proven to be ideally best for babies.
Baby Bottle Nipple Sizes by Age
Nipples are seen to have a small hole and are ideal for newborn babies till they are of 6 months.
Size-two, -three, -four:
These nipples have a considerably large hole and are known for being ideal for babies.
Some of the nipples are especially available for preemies. These are the ideal baby bottle nipple sizes.
There generally are two types of nipples. One is silicon and the other one is latex. Both have their own sets of pros and cons.
It is rubber and is very soft. Latex, somewhere mimics a mom’s breast making it favourite options for moms. It is very opaque making it a better choice than silicon. However, they tend to crack more often as a result of which one has to keep buying it frequently over time.
Silicon is a rubber-like material and is very much flexible. However, compared to latex, it is much firmer. The silicon material is heat resistant which makes it one of the best options for getting sterilized.
Which bottles are best for babies?
Finding which bottles are best for babies is more like a process of getting hold of the best one. Here are some of the best baby bottles for newborn. Follow this baby bottle size guide to get the best baby bottles sizes by age.
Baby Bottle Shapes
- People have been successfully been using straight baby bottles that have no bends or curves for years. They are known for being the best baby bottles for newborns.
- Baby bottles that are bent or have liners inside of them have the purpose of reducing the air swallow. They even cut down on fuzziness and gas.
- For baby bottles with liners, they are disposable and are a good option for cleaning too. However, the liners refills can sometimes cost too much.
Baby Bottle Materials
Glass baby bottles are heavy and are difficult to bear. They can even shatter to pieces if dropped. This is the reason why plastic bottles are given more preference over glass bottles. They are BPA-free and lightweight which makes them an ideal choice.
Baby Bottle Size Guide
- For small babies, small bottles like 4 ounces or even less are best.
- As the baby starts growing, you need to replace the bottles with bigger ones. The best way to do it is to ensure that the bottle fits in the diaper bag.
How many bottles a day does a baby need?
The appetite of your baby is likely to vary from time to time and will vary from month to month. Therefore, make sure that you let your baby set the pace. Your baby will need milk as often as they want to have it. You have to understand the cues and have to respond to them and attend them whenever they need.
If they are newly born babies, they will likely be fed very often. Hence, offer them a bottle after every two to three hours. Leave her be and let her feed for as long as she can. Here is the formula guide on how many bottles a day does a baby need.
- If your baby’s age is 1 month, they will need 2 to 4 ounces per serve and a total of 6 to 8 bottles in 24 hours.
- In case baby’s age is 2months, they will need 5 to 6 ounces per serve and a total of 5 to 6 bottles in 24 hours.
- If your baby’s age is 3 to 5 months, they will need 6 to 7 ounces per serve and a total of 5 to 6 bottles in 24 hours.
There you go with a guide to baby bottles and nipples that explains you everything about baby bottles. Well, now you know the best baby bottles for newborns as well as you have the baby bottle size guide.
Make sure to follow the process to do what is best for your baby and most importantly, make them feel comfortable in whatever you do.
“Enjoy your path to mom, Relish every moment”
Disclaimer: All content on this website, including medical opinion and other health-related information, should be considered as opinion only. Always seek the direct advice of your own doctor in connection with any questions or issues you may have regarding your own health or the health of others.