Bhature is a fluffy deep-fried Indian bread served with chole which are chickpeas cooked in a spicy masala. The refined flour dough for the bhature needs to be left to ferment for a few hours before being rolled into oval-shaped discs and deep-fried. Chole bhature is one of those few things that are worth the calories! Many people love to have it for their breakfast. Anyways, you can consider it as a full meal too for your lunch/dinner.
Detailed Chole Bhature Recipe is below
|Prep time + Wait time
15 min + 8 hr
50 min (excluding wait time)
Course: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Skill Level: Medium
Ingredients for Chole Bhature
To make Chole Bhature recipe
For the Chole Masala
- 1 cup chickpea (chole) soaked overnight
- 4 tablespoon oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1-inch cinnamon stick
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
- 2 tomatoes finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Kashmiri chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- ¾ teaspoon amchur powder (dry mango powder)
- Salt as per taste
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoon coriander leaves finely chopped
For the Bhatura
- 1 cup maida (all-purpose flour)
- 1/4 cup sooji (semolina)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 cup curd
- Oil for frying
Preparation of Chole Bhature Recipe
To cook Chole Bhature
- Firstly, in a cooker heat oil. Furthermore, sauté bay leaf, cinnamon stick and cumin seeds till they turn aromatic. Add finely chopped onions and ginger-garlic paste. sauté till it turns golden brown. Also, add tomatoes and sauté until they start releasing oil.
- Further, add chili powder, turmeric, coriander powder, cumin powder, amchur powder, garam masala, and salt. sauté for a minute. Then add soaked chickpea (Make sure to soak the chickpeas overnight) followed by 2 cups of water. Further, give a good mix and check the seasonings.
- Pressure cook for 7-8 whistles on medium flame. Allow the pressure to release by itself before opening cooker. Mix well and garnish coriander leaves.
- Firstly, in a large mixing bowl take Maida. To that add rava, sugar and salt. Also, add baking powder and baking soda and mix well. Furthermore, add oil and rub with the flour.
- Also, add curd and start to knead the dough. Knead and punch the dough well for at least 5 minutes. Further, grease the dough with oil. Cover with moist cloth and rest for at least 2 hours.
- Further, roll and get to a long shape. pinch the dough into medium sized balls. Then make balls between your palms. Finally, roll the dough evenly into circles using the rolling pin. roll neither too thin nor thick.
- Firstly, heat oil in a deep frying pan or Kadai. When the oil is sufficiently hot, drop one bhatura. And, press with the spoon to puff up. Also, once they begin to puff, splash oil over the bhatura till they puff completely. Flip over and fry the bhatura till golden brown all over.
- Then drain the poori on a tissue paper to remove excess oil. Fry all bhatura same way. Finally, serve bhatura with chole curry.
- The chole must be soaked overnight to be cooked properly.
“Enjoy your Path to Mom. Relish every moment!”
Products from Amazon.in
Price: INR 1,659.00Was: INR 6,030.00
Price: INR 720.00Was: INR 936.00
Price: INR 1,344.00Was: INR 1,420.00
Price: INR 1,709.00Was: INR 3,200.00