With babies who are 6 months old, the first aid methods for them are not like the first aid that we give to our infants. This article will tell you how to stay ready for first aid for 6 months babies.
First aid for babies
Apart from Basic first aid techniques, one should also know about the first aid for babies if you have a baby or even if you are planning to do one!
The reasons behind choking can be many. The can choke if they are feeling distressed or have any sort of noisy breathing, they can also choke if they are not able to cry or cough.
- Face the baby down and give a support to their head. Give back blows using the hand heels.
- Lay them such that their thighs are up. Use fingertips to pick any unwanted things.
- Apply downward thrusts and do it five times using the fingers. Keep a check on the mouth, if the obstruction is there, call the emergency number.
Croup happens usually during childhood and causes problems related to breathing. The inflammation of voice box and the windpipe causes croup.
During croup – this is what you need to look for
- Distressed breathing
- Skin – blue and grey
- Barking Cough
- Croaky voice and noise
During croup –what you need to do?
- Staying calm is the key, therefore, don’t panic.
- Let them sit on their knee and provide support to their back.
- In case of emergency, call the doctor
An allergy is nothing but an unexpected reaction. Your baby can turn out to be allergic to the cow’s milk, animal hair, insect stings, and other drugs.
The look for during allergic reactions
- Rashes that turn red
- Eyes full of water
- Face swelling
- Difficulty in breathing
- Pale and flushed look
Things to do?
- Call your doctor immediately. Explain them the reasons that you think caused the allergies to your baby.
- If you have already been prescribed with the medicines to the reactions, then give it to your baby.
- Let them sit on your lap to ensure that breathing is happening properly. If theyare still in shock, put them down.
- Start CPR if conditions are extreme.
Babies joints are extremely delicate. Some of the signs that will suggest that there is arm dislocation includes pain, bruising, and swelling.
Things to do?
- Keep your baby still.Avoid causing any further injury by trying to adjust the bone that is dislocated.
- Use a bandage to immobilise the injury. You can also give first aid for 6 months but only after taking advice.
- Call your doctor
- Keep checking the pulse and whether or not the baby is breathing.
- Check the bandage and its circulation after very 10-15 minutes.
These are some of the minor accidents that happen in the life of 6-month-old baby. This is exactly why you should keep first aid at home to give it during any sort of emergencies. However, doing anything without the idea of the doctor would not be a great idea. So, make sure to consult the doctor before any kind of seriousness. All of this will help you to ensure the best for first aid for 6 months.
“Enjoy your Path to Mom. Relish every moment!”
Disclaimer: All content on this website, including medical opinion and other health-related information, should be considered as opinion only. Always seek the direct advice of your own doctor in connection with any questions or issues you may have regarding your own health or the health of others.