Poisons are capable of causing permanent and temporary damage to a person if too much of it is injected in the body. Here is a detailed view of first aid for food poisoning.
Food poisoning is caused especially because of eating food that is contaminated. Generally, in most of the cases, the food is not properly cooked leaving it raw. Also, when they are uncooked, it is likely to be contaminated by different kinds of bacteria like Escherichia coli and Salmonella, which are usually found in meat.
Many times, the affect of food poisoning can be seen within a few hours after the person has taken their food. This can also lead to cause diarrhea and leave the person sick. However, in general cases, the situation of food poisoning takes up to three days.
The effects of food poisoning can end up making the person feel extreme ill. Therefore, the best thing to do in this case would be to encourage the person to have more and more water so that the hydration stays intact. Sometimes, many people don’t even need any treatment and recover from food poisoning.
First aid for food poisoning
What to look for?
If you think or find someone going through food poisoning, here are the five key things that you need to look for.
- Feeling sick
- Fever followed by headache
- Cramping in the stomach
- Vomiting with blood stains sometimes
What to do?
Sometimes, food poisoning can be a serious issue to handle and it is important to handle the situation carefully. Here are a bunch of steps that will guide you on what to do if you find someone who is suffering or going through food poisoning.
- Check for the above symptoms and if you see any, then take the person to a comfortable position and ask them to lie down and rest.
- Give them water to drink and a bowl to vomit if they feel like they are sick.
- Ask and encourage them to drink lots and lots of water even if it is getting tough for them to manage it. Ask them to take big sips. If you find the person having diarrhea, then tell them how important it is to drink water to remove the fluids that have left the body.
- Get an oral dehydration solution and give it to the person suffering. This is a very nice way to remove the fluids that the body has already lost during vomiting. This ORS has a lot of salt and mineral which will be a perfect replacement for the body. They are readily available in the pharmacy shop.
- If the condition is getting worse, then call for medical attention immediately. If they have their own doctor, ask them to call them to deal with the situation further.
“Enjoy your Path to Mom. Relish every moment!”
Disclaimer: All content on this website, including medical opinion and other health-related information, should be considered as opinion only. Always seek the direct advice of your own doctor in connection with any questions or issues you may have regarding your own health or the health of others.