Gud Gatta recipe or Gud Gappa recipe is very humble, down to earth candy-like sweet, specially prepared during winters. It is prepared from only 2 ingredients and the outcome is very tasty, crisp and light gatta.
Just wanted to share fond childhood memories with you all. During winter, one ferry wala used to stand outside our school. All students used to call him Mama. He used to carry many mouth-watering goodies like chana bhel, imli, ber, anardana goli, ber mixture, roasted whole peanuts, guava, cucumber, and this gud gatta etc.
We used to carry some coins (in our pencil box). During those days 1 Rs or 2 Rs were enough to buy that stuff. 1 pc of Gatta in 1 Rs.
It’s very easy to prepare but very tricky too. A little bit of carelessness will lead to burnt jaggary and it will taste bitter. So here I am gonna share my tricky recipe with you all.
PathtoMom has other healthy recipes too. Check them out:
Detailed Gud Gatta recipe is below
Skill Level: Easy
Cooking Type: Cooking on gas
Makes: 7-8 pieces
Equipment used: Heavy-bottomed pan
Ingredients for Gud Gatta recipe
To make the Gud Gatta Recipe
- Jaggery (Gud) 1 cup
- Baking soda 1 teaspoon (edible Soda)
Preparation Of Gud Gatta recipe
To make the Gud Gatta
- Heat a deep heavy bottom pan and add jaggery into it.
- Keep mixing and turning, it will start melting.
- Gradually it will start boiling and bubbles will form.
- Allow it to boil on low heat with consistent stirring.
- By the time grease clean platform or a plate with little ghee.
- Add soda and mix vigorously so that it will create aeration everywhere. It will be like the foam of soap.
- Immediately transfer the mixture on the greased surface and allow it to spread itself. Don’t touch as it’s very hot.
- Let it cool approximately for 15 to 20 minutes and then make random pieces.
- It is ready for crunch and munch.
- Enjoy the fond memories of childhood with this healthy yummy sweet.
- Store in airtight container and enjoy endlessly anytime.
“Enjoy your Path to Mom. Relish every moment!”