Ready to give a start to your family by planning a child? Planning for a baby is one of the best phases of life. So, it is really good to visit and consult your gynecologist before you start trying to conceive. It’s very important to be in a good health and take good preconception measures for the betterment of the health of the baby. Preconception checkups lay emphasis on checking the risks to the mother and the baby by keeping a complete track of the medical and physical history of the mother to be. Following the article explains in detail about the guide to preconception visit.
Things to keep ready – Guide to preconception visit
A list should be prepared to contain all the medications and other supplements that are being taken, along with the records and prescriptions from the past doctors you have visited. Being honest with the doctor will only make sure that your doctor can offer you the best guidance.
Discuss your everyday habits with the doctor for example about your home life, hobbies, likes and dislikes etc.
You will also need to go through various tests like blood test and urine test.
Tell about your eating habits and make changes as per the requirements.
A routine exercise is a must before pregnancy, during pregnancy, and after pregnancy to stay fit and healthy.
The intake of vitamins like folic acid is important to prevent the baby from neural tube defects.
Preparing to get pregnant – Guide to preconception visit
Preparation for getting pregnant involves the following steps:
- A preconception visit is a must before planning for a baby
- Going through a genetic career screening tells the possibility of a child with a birth defect
- Taking enough vitamins and folic acid
- Quit the bad habits like smoking, drinking etc
- Eat healthy food and reduce caffeine intake
- Maintain your BMI
- Exercise daily
- Take proper medications as recommended by the doctor
- Stay hygienic and avoid infections
- Environmental risks like exposure to harmful chemicals, radiations should be reduced
Having a child and planning for it is a very serious and important decision. think twice before you are actually ready for conception, keeping in mind all the other social and domestic factors.
Preconception Checkup – Guide to preconception visit
Anyone trying to conceive a baby or trying to get pregnant must go through a preconception checkup to make sure that they are in a good health to give birth to a baby. This checkup is done before conceiving the baby so as to check the potential risks that may occur while conceiving the baby. This is done to ensure the better health of the baby and the parent. A Preconception visit is the best time to get the answer to all concerns so don’t be nervous to clear your doubts no matter how awkward they might seem to you.
Questions to ask your Gynaecologist – Guide to preconception visit
Here are the most important questions that are needed to be asked to your gynaecologist so that you can lead to a healthy pregnancy.
- Am I in the perfect health to be able to conceive a baby?
- Will the birth controls that I took earlier affect my pregnancy?
- Is my BMI in a healthy range?
- Please recommend some prenatal vitamins.
- What is the best time to conceive the child?
- Will I be healthy after I give birth to a baby?
- Are there any other medications or vaccinations that I need to take?
Conclusion – Guide to preconception visit
If you are planning to start a family soon, then a preconception checkup from your gynaecologist should be your first step towards it for the best health of the baby and the mother. Don’t be bashful while asking any question and be very honest with the doctor.
“Enjoy your Path to Mom. Relish every moment!”
Disclaimer: All content on this website, including medical opinion and other health-related information, should be considered as opinion only. Always seek the direct advice of your own doctor in connection with any questions or issues you may have regarding your own health or the health of others.