What is an indoor garden?
Craving all the fresh harvests during the winter season? Well, how about an indoor garden to fulfil the requirements of having your own fresh fruits and veggies right in your personal space.
Growing herbs and vegetables will add a lot of flavour and comfort to the winter foods. To get the best results, make sure to get hold of the plants that are even capable of growing under direct sunlight and can grow in a compact manner without using up a lot of space.
How to prepare an indoor garden?
In the present time, the price of food is on the rise. Therefore, getting your own personal indoor garden is the best option to have. For everyone who is living in an apartment, outdoor gardening is not the option. The best solution, in that case, is having your own indoor garden.
Having an indoor garden will not only light up your pockets but you will also learn the skills to manage a garden on your own.
Here are the steps that will help you on how to prepare an indoor garden for your house.
- Finalize the space or the room where you want your indoor garden. It has to be the room that is receiving the maximum amount of sunlight and has a very strong floor. Along with that, it will also be a good idea to have your garden close to the source of water.
- You can either download or print the layout for your indoor garden.
- One of the popular choices is clay pots. However, they can leak. Ensure that there is no leakage and to make sure of it, add a sheet of plastic on the floor.
- Terracotta pots are also good but they dry out quickly and therefore, need water from time to time.
- The perfect choice is glazed ceramics that are available in a lot of choices.
Decide the type of plant you want to grow. You can go for an online printed design that will help with making a better decision.
- When you are choosing veggies for your indoor garden, look at the space you have and then decide the kind of vegetables you would want to grow there.
- In large pots, you can easily grow tomatoes. However, they need support.
The organic type of plants are usually the best ones as they have plenty of nutrients and compost.
- Make sure to build up the best indoor garden for yourself.
“Enjoy your Path to Mom. Relish every moment!”