The potency of information technology is a valuable resource, however, if children use the internet without security, they may be victims of illegal activity or misbehaviour such as cyberbullying, fraud or even more serious. Therefore, awareness about Internet safety norms is absolutely necessary so that children can find knowledge without feeling frightened. The increasing propagation and sophistication of various electronic devices ensure that it is mandatory for the students of schools to control their use and monitor the schools.
Schools need to be a safe and secure educational environment for students from harmful jobs or crimes, their partners and value system for themselves. Thus, the following measures are taken to schools to pre-improve any inappropriate and illegal activity through the IT-enabled equipment in schools.
Internet safety tips for kids
Safety guidelines to access internet and computer in schools
- Educate students for safe and effective use of the Internet
- For the acceptable use of the internet, make the children aware of the rules clearly and explain the performance rules in this regard.
- Install effective firewalls, filtering and monitoring software mechanisms in all computers and regularly review filtering and blocking policies and procedures. Different types of unwanted content available on the Internet should be blocked.
- Keep apart Internet Use from Other School Networks
- Configure end user computer device with parental control filter / antivirus.
- Make use of digital surveillance system
- Use children to work in high-visibility areas of the school.
- Supervise and monitor all online activities in light of educational objectives
- Allow children to access pre-selected websites suitable for their age group
- Learn about teachers and other school staff about Internet safety standards
- Make parents sensitive to Internet safety norms
- Take strict disciplinary action against those who try to bypass filtering or access to illegal or illegal material.
- Disable school users’ username and password immediately
- Do not allow the creation of fake accounts for children or groups
- Follow all relevant laws on copyright, property theft, fraud, discrimination and obscenity on all forms of IT enabled devices.
- To protect children, avoid digital and video images of individual students / teachers on the school website.
- Use only the license version of the software
- Draft and enforce a school policy on the safe use of electronic equipment
Apart from this, on the safety of children in the school bus. In the context of issue number 6 (g) of 8/2017/1210101, it is advisable that mobile phones will be made available at each school bus, to deal with the unprecedented emergency, infrastructure should have no internet facility and data collection .
In order to ensure the safety of children in schools, to ensure the safety of children in the school environment, instructions have been given to guide the guidelines given in Circular No. 02 dated July 29, 2009, with caution. In order to ensure the safety of children, the schools have been instructed to carefully guide the guidelines given in circular no.22 of July 29, 2009 regarding restriction to use mobile phones in the school environment.
It is reported that electronic communication equipment can include store / record / run audio-visual material; Transmit or received images; Unfiltered connection to the Internet is not allowed. Other gadgets with similar capabilities of iPhone, DVD / CD player, game console, handheld PC, smartphone, laptop, tablet or other storage / transmission without permission and school officers in school are not allowed. Check the mobile phones available by the in-charge attendant of the bus and the principal of the school.
It is repeated that the use of any electronic communication device used in the school and school bus is strictly prohibited and violation of any information in this regard will attract disciplinary action from the CBSE.
Information Security awareness material for students, teachers, system administrators available at http://infosecawareness.in
Children should understand that they deal with other people (especially strangers, whom they can meet online), and are not victims of an online scandal who take advantage of their ignorance. When children are online, follow some rules:
- They should not give personal information like address or phone number or picture.
- They should not open email or attachments from unknown people
- They should not be online ‘friends’ with unknown people.
- They should never make arrangements to meet a person, whom they found online
- Tell / inform your parents that if they see them or read something online they are concerned
Use a Web Browser
One way to stay connected with internet friends and family is for many students, this is a way to stay current to download news, research related information or online shopping and books, online applications and more. Internet has become a popular method for banking, paying bills and completing and depositing applications and forms.
Using a web browser is easy to work online, but with some hidden threats as well as sensitive personal information and infection by malware, which may include viruses, spyware, and adware. Safe Browsing means to be aware of these online hazards and to take the necessary precautions to avoid them.
It only secures some basic information, some tools and some basic information for browsing the Internet. The guidelines below can be followed to protect personal information and computer online.
- Keep your internet browser up to date
- Beware of links sent by instant messaging and e-mail attachments
- Install and maintain firewall on your computer.
- Install and maintain anti-virus software on your computer or device.
- Use a modern browser with features like Pop-up blocker
- Do not store sensitive content indefinitely on your computer.
- Be alert for unusual computer activity or problems
- Change your password often
Make friends’ online
Important things to remember:
- Instead of sharing with people and sharing experiences, friendship is created online by clicking on a button.
- Being a ‘friend’ online with someone, it is less meaningful to compete with friendship.
- Due to a misunderstanding, one can easily fall with an online ‘friend’.
- As long as someone can talk face to face with someone, it is very easy and healthy to solve arguments and problems.
Tips for students to stay safe on social networking sites:
- Ensure the age appropriateness of an online activity before joining.
- Can use name or surname created on their profile
- Do not make friends other than those you know personally
- Can use an email address that does not include their name
- Use the most strong privacy setting when setting up a profile ensures that only the desirable person will be able to see their information.
- Be very careful while sharing photos and videos – even with known people, it can spread very easily
- Be very careful to share online content – especially if it’s not their
- Avoid illegal downloads
“Enjoy your Path to Mom. Relish every moment!”
Disclaimer: All content on this website, including medical opinion and other health-related information, should be considered as opinion only. Always seek the direct advice of your own doctor in connection with any questions or issues you may have regarding your own health or the health of others.