Masala Omelette recipe is a super quick egg recipe which can be whipped in no time and makes for a lovely breakfast. Pair it with slices of white bread for a hearty homely breakfast. Here is how to make easy masala omelette at home.
Detailed Masala Omelette Recipe is below
Course: Breakfast, Snack, Starter
Skill Level: Easy
Ingredients for Masala Omelette recipe
To make the Omelette
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 eggs (anda)
- 1 small onion (kanda or pyaaz)
- 1/2 inch ginger (adrak) chopped finely
- 2 green chilies or red chillies (mirchi)
- 1/4th cup coriander leaves (kothmir) – optional
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 2 teaspoon milk (optional)
- salt (namak) as per taste
Preparation of Masala Omelette recipe
To cook the omelette
- Break eggs into a big mixing bowl.
- Add turmeric powder along with some salt.
- Give a nice whisk and beat the eggs about a minute with a fork or beater.
- Time to add milk, pepper and give a nice whisk again. By the way, milk also helps in making omelettes fluffy.
- Now add chopped chillies, ginger, onion, coriander leaves if using, pepper powder. Combine all nicely.
- Take a frying pan to add oil plus some butter. Allow it to get hot.
- Now add half of the mixture and place gas on high heat for 10 secs. Reduce the heat and allow the egg to cook on medium heat.
- You could cover your omelette at this point in time only for 45 secs. It’s optional to cover as it just aids in speeding up the cooking process.
- Check if it’s done from one side, if not allow cooking more. I prefer my omelettes slightly brown and not yellow so cook it for some more time. Flip the omelette and cook uncovered. You could press the edges of omelette gently. Also, you would notice your omelettes are nice and fluffy. Once cooked from both sides put the rest of oil.
- Serve masala omelette hot with toasted bread or pav or roti. Repeat the same with rest of the egg mixture.
- You can use red chilli flakes if you don’t have fresh red chillies.
- Ensure that the flame is not on high heat otherwise you will have burnt omelettes.
- Adding milk is optional.
- It’s important to heat the oil before adding the egg to make it fluffy.
“Enjoy your Path to Mom. Relish every moment!”