Methi Malai Paneer recipe is rich party recipe. Paneer is added to the methi malai recipe. Generally, methi recipes have other important ingredients too. For example with matar or green peas, it yields a wonderful recipe – methi malai matar.
Methi Malai Paneer recipe is very simple to make and just tastes awesome. These type of gravy methi recipes goes very well with roti, naan, tandoori roti etc.
Detailed Methi Malai Paneer Recipe is below
Course: Main Course
Skill Level: Easy
Ingredients for Methi Malai Paneer recipe
To make the methi malai paneer
To soak methi leaves
- 1 bunch methi leaves (fenugreek leaves) washed and finely chopped
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
For Methi Malai Paneer
- 3 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1 bay leaf (tej patta)
- 4 cloves (laung, lavang)
- 2 pods cardamom (elachi)
- 1-inch cinnamon stick (dalchini)
- 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
- ½ teaspoon Kashmiri red chilli powder (Lal Mirch powder)
- 1 green chilli slit lengthwise
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder (dhania powder)
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric (haldi)
- 1 cup tomato pulp (puree of 2 large tomatoes)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¾ cup milk
- Salt as per taste
- ¼ cup malai (fresh cream)
- ¼ cup water (add as required)
- 11 cubes paneer (cottage cheese)
- ¼ teaspoon garam masala powder
Preparation Of Methi Malai Paneer recipe
To cook the Methi Malai Paneer
- Firstly, in a large bowl take finely chopped methi leaves. Make sure to use only leaves and discard the roots and stem of methi. Also, wash well to get rid of dirt. Furthermore, add salt and water. Soak the leaves for at least 15 minutes. This helps to remove the bitterness of methi. Now squeeze off the methi completely.
- Also, sauté the squeezed methi for 2 minutes or till they shrink in size. This helps to remove the bitterness completely and it gets cooked too. Once the methi leaves shrink, remove and keep aside in a bowl.
- Furthermore, in the same kadai, heat oil. Add cumin seed, bay leaf, cloves, cardamom and cinnamon stick. Sauté them till they turn aromatic.
- Additionally, add ginger garlic paste and green chilli. Sauté till the raw smell of ginger and garlic disappears.
- Further, add finely chopped onions and sauté till they turn slightly golden brown.
- Now add spice powder like chilli powder, turmeric powder and coriander powder. Sauté for a minute on low flame. Also, add tomato pulp. To prepare tomato pulp, blend 2 large tomatoes in a mixer. No need to blanch the tomatoes.
- Continuously sauté the tomato pulp until it thickens and the masala starts to release oil. Now add sauteed methi leaves prepared. Additionally, add sugar and salt to balance the bitterness of methi. Sauté for a minute. Now add milk. Make sure to keep the flame on low while adding milk, else the milk will curdle.
- Add cream. Increase the amount of cream to make methi malai paneer more creamy and rich. Mix well on low flame. Add water as required to adjust the desired consistency.
- Also, add paneer cubes and give a gentle mix. Now add garam masala. Cover and simmer for 2 minutes, so that paneer gets cooked well and also absorbs flavour.
- Finally, serve methi malai paneer with chapati or paratha.
- Always saute the methi leaves before using them.
- The quantity of water can be adjusted as per your need.
- Add milk slowly, otherwise, it may curdle.
“Enjoy your Path to Mom. Relish every moment!”
Products from Amazon.in
Price: INR 1,659.00Was: INR 6,030.00
Price: INR 198.00Was: INR 499.00
Price: INR 275.00Was: INR 300.00
Indian Art Villa Hammered Copper Water Dispenser Container Pot Matka, Storage Water, Kitchenware, 8 LtrPrice: INR 3,310.00Was: INR 12,199.00
Price: INR 1,044.00Was: INR 2,900.00