There are many plants that repel mosquitoes, flies, and having such plants in your garden is very important to wipe away these mosquitoes and flies forever.
Are you an insect magnet? Yes, you heard that right. If you are not one, then you are very likely to know one of them. Insect magnets get all the unwanted attention of the insects as soon as they see the outside air.
Mosquito Repellent Plants India
If this is the case with you, then time to get back to the cozy comfort zone where you have the appropriate weapon to fight back and give the mosquitoes and flies exactly what they deserve. If you want to go outdoors, make sure to place the insect-repellents in the way that it does the job.
[Also Read – Air Purifying Indoor Plants]
What are the plants that repel mosquitoes, flies?
There are many plants in the list that talk about being insect-repellent but in reality, they are not. Here are some of the plants that repel mosquitoes, flies, etc.
- Citronella oil, made from lemon grass which is known for having the best abilities for repelling mosquitoes. Make sure to plant your one in a pot and keep the temperature in limit.
- Talking of lemon, any plant that has a very strong and citrus fragrance is going to will help in keeping the flies and mosquitoes away. Go for lemon thyme or lemon balm.
- Next up in the list of plants that repel mosquitoes, flies, etc are lavenders. Lavender repels all sorts of insects like moths, mosquitoes, and fleas. You can either use it fresh or dry it out and hang it somewhere in the house or put them inside the clothing areas.
- Garlic is another option that repels mosquitoes and flies.
- Another culinary herb is basil that does the needful by able to repel flies and mosquitoes.
- Rosemary is yet another of those plants that repel mosquitoes, flies, etc. If these bugs are coming out right at you like during dusk times, then all you have to do is throw some sprigs of rosemary and the smoke out of it is going to keep the mosquitoes far off.
- Marigolds are gardeners’ companion that helps with damaging worms that are capable of attacking the garden vegetables as well.
[Also Read – Bedroom Plants]
I am very sure about the fact that there are tons of plants out there that have quite a reputation for killing bugs. However, personally, I would look for more options to get rid of these mosquitoes and flies.
“Enjoy your Path to Mom. Relish every moment!”
Disclaimer: All content on this website, including medical opinion and other health-related information, should be considered as opinion only. Always seek the direct advice of your own doctor in connection with any questions or issues you may have regarding your own health or the health of others.