It is very obvious for many parents to spend most of their times wondering what will be newborn eye color and who will it look like. Blue eyes or green ones? Caucasian babies are often born with blue eyes and the eye color of their parents don’t really matter. Brown eyes generally go out for Africans and Asians.
Newborn Baby Eye Color
For finding out the true color of your child’s eye, you might have to wait till their second birthday to understand.
What color are my baby’s eyes going to be?
Well, if you are looking for the answer to the question that what is your newborn baby eye color or what color are my baby’s eyes going to be, you have the answer right here. This post will also give you a eye color chart.
Newborn eye color is more like a physical quality that comes up basically when the genes are paired from both i.e. mom and dad. However, there are a few factors that put certain amounts of drugs in order to make a modification but sometimes, different environmental factors also contribute a lot to the whole process.
Only two out of three newborn eye color genes are very well known and understood by scientists. They have quite explicitly explained the inheritance of any sort of colors like brown, green, or blue. On the contrary, there is yet no explanation that tells us what is the reason behind hazel or grey eyes.
[Also Read – First day with baby]
The various factors that determines a newborn baby eye color are:
Homozygous and Heterozygous: Every human being basically is known to have two copies of all the genes that they possess. One comes from mother and the other from father.
Dominated Eye Color: The eye colors that are most dominant are brown and green. So, if both parents have the same eye color, then there is 95% chance that the newborn eye color will be exactly the same i.e. either of the two.
newborn baby eye color at birth?
Well, there are chances to find out about newborn baby eye color. Also you can refer to the eye color chart given below in this post. This can happen by a number of interpretations which are as follows:
- Technically, if both of the parents i.e. mother and father have the same eyes i.e. blue, then there is a 99% chance that the newborn eye color will be blue during birth.
- Technically, if both of the parents i.e. mother and father have the same eyes i.e. brown, then there is a 75% chance that the newborn eye color will be brown during birth.
- Technically, if both of the parents i.e. mother and father have the same eyes i.e. green, then there is a 99% chance that the newborn eye color will be green during birth.
- Technically, if both of the parents i.e. mother and father have the same eyes i.e. hazel, then there is a 99% chance that the newborn eye color will be hazel during birth.
These are some of the ways to find out and predict the newborn eye color.
[Also Read – Top games for toddlers]
When does newborn baby eye color change?
There are many times during a child’s childhood when you will observe changes in their eye color. This is likely to happen usually during the age span of 6 to 9 months. But in spite of all that, your newborn eye color will come off with tons of surprises.
With time, you will be able to figure out the changes in the color of the eyes. This will happen till your newborn is 3 years of age. However, you must not expect the turning of brown color to blue and vice versa.There are still 10 percent of the population cases where there are changes in the color of the eye even during the adulthood.
Newborn baby eye color changes over time
So, if with time, the glands names melanocytes end up secreting a lot of melanin, there are chances of your newborn eye color to be blue. If the secretion is more than usual, they are going to turn up with green or hazel color eye.
When the melanocytes are super busy and don’t have the time, this is when the eyes start to appear brown in color which obviously is the most common color of the eye. Eye color is completely a genetic property and with time, there are chances of it to change just like you must have studied in your biology class.
- Whenever two parents have blue eyes, then it likely to have newborn eye color as blue but this is not true all the time.
- If parents have brown eyes, then the newborn baby eye color will also have brown color but there is no guarantee for the same.
- If grandparents are the ones with blue eyes, the newborn eye color will be blue and stakes of that happening go really up the bar.
- Waardenburg Syndrome: A condition where newborn eye color is brown for one eye and blue for other. So, make sure to bring the same to the attention of your doctor.
Newborn Eye Color Chart
Here is the chart that resembles the chances and percentage of the color of your newborn.
|Parent One||Parent Two||Chances of Newborn Baby Eye Color|
The Newborn eye color chart clearly tells us that a newborn eye color depends totally on the eye color of both the parent. Everything happens because of melanin and its excretion decides the color of the child’s eyes.
Some babies have blue eye color and it is likely for them to change it over time. The blue color of the eye remains only if both parents have completely passed on their recessive genes to the kid. It is the melanin pigment that helps in determining the color of the eye.
Well, that was all the knowledge that you want for your newborn baby eye color. The article answers all the questions like – can you tell a baby’s eye color at birth, when can you tell a baby’s eye color, and so on. Also, the newborn eye color chart explains the whole thing quite explicitly. Hope that helps you in finding out your newborn eye color.
We hope this post and eye color chart helped you in clearing your doubts. For any other doubts related to any topic from our site you can always ask our experts.
“Enjoy your Path to Mom. Relish every moment!”
Disclaimer: All content on this website, including medical opinion and other health-related information, should be considered as opinion only. Always seek the direct advice of your own doctor in connection with any questions or issues you may have regarding your own health or the health of others.