The growth of the child majorly depends on the food which the child is given. It is the responsibility of the parents to see what the child is eating and in what proportion. The following article is related to the topic one-year-old diet menu as well as a balanced diet for 1-year-old baby and one-year-old feeding schedule and it also has some 1-year-old baby food recipes and 1-year-old feeding chart.
One-year-old diet menu
1-year-old baby food recipes
The toddler needs much more nutrients as compared to adults. One needs to add as much nutrient as possible in one-year-old diet menu. Hence, the method or the ingredients to prepare their food is different. There are different 1-year-old baby food recipes to provide toddlers with proper nutrition. Following are some 1-year-old baby food recipes which must be added in one-year-old diet menu to provide a balanced diet for 1-year-old baby.
Whole wheat pancake and waffle mix
This is a must add 1-year old baby food recipe in a one-year-old diet menu.
- 6 cups of white whole wheat flour
- ⅓ cup of sugar
- 2 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 Tbsp. baking soda
- 2 teaspoon salt
- whole wheat pancakes or waffles
- 1 large egg, whisked
- One Tbsp. vegetable(preferable) or canola oil
- 1 cup pancake or waffle mix
- Whisk the egg, buttermilk, and oil together in a large bowl.
- Whisk in the pancake mix until combined.
- Heat a large pan over medium flame and grease with butter or oil.
- Pour about 1 Tbsp. of the pancake mixture into the pan and cook for 2 minutes.
- Flip the pancakes and cook for more than 1 minute and serve.
Healthy blueberry oatmeal mini muffins
This is the most loved recipe by the toddlers as it is very tasty and healthy at the same time. It is mostly there in the One-year old diet menu.
- 1- 1/4 of cups whole flour
- 1 -1/2 cups of oats
- 2 tablespoons of whole or ground flaxseeds
- 2 tablespoons nutriment
- 1 teaspoon leavening
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup no sweet applesauce
- 1/2 cup plain greek yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 cup xerophyte nectar
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 massive egg, gently crushed
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Preheat the kitchen appliance to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- You can either use regular or mini quick bread tins. We suggest using the minis as it is a lot a lot of fun for tiny ones. Spray whichever quick bread pan easily available.
- In a bowl mix flour, oats, flax seeds, wheat germ, leavening, bicarbonate, salt, and cinnamon. In a medium bowl mix applesauce, yoghurt, milk, agave, oil, and egg. Create a well in dry ingredients and add applesauce mixture. Stir till simply damp. Fold in blueberries. Fill quick bread cups up to 2/3 full.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes for big muffins, 11-12 minutes for mini muffins. Take the bread out from the oven and set the quick bread pan on a cooling rack for about ten minutes. Once the muffins square measure cools down, take them out from the quick bread pan and allow them to chill on the cooling rack. It can be stored up to 3 months in an airtight container. Heat frozen muffins in the oven or microwave. It makes twelve big and twenty-four mini muffins.
Peanut butter banana bars
- 4 medium – banana
- 2 cup – oats (dry)
- 6 tablespoon – spread, all-natural
- 1/2 cup – walnuts (chopped)
- 1/2 cup – chocolate chips (dark)
- Heat oven at 350°F and grease a 9×13 inch glass dish.
- Mash the bananas and blend at the side of oats and spread.
- Unfold the dough equally within the ready dish, and then sprinkle the walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or till inserted strip comes out clean. Cut into bars and enjoy!
As bananas vary in size, you’ll have to be to regulate the number of oats; the batter ought to be sort of wet cookie dough. Store leftover bars in an airtight container within the icebox, or freeze them.
1-year-old feeding chart/ one-year-old feeding schedule
When coming up with your one-year-old diet menu, you are extra careful about the food and 1-year-old feeding chart/ one-year-old feeding schedule. It the one-year-old feeding schedule isn’t fixed, then it is must prepare the 1-year-old feeding chart. Following are the two options for 1-year-old feeding chart/ one-year-old feeding schedule varied on the basis of day wise schedule and weekly schedule.
|Starter||Breakfast||Second Breakfast||Luncheon||Afternoon||Dinner||Late night|
|Sunday||Breast Milk||PuriBhajji||Watermelon Scoops/ any fruit||Khichdi||Cheese pieces||Barley Porridge||Breast Milk|
|Monday||Breast Milk||Besan Chilla||Banana slices||Chappati and dal||Bread rolls||Paneer parantha||Breast Milk|
|Tuesday||Breast Milk||Egg Sandwich||Fried Apple rings||Curd rice||Ragi Laddu||Masoor dal khichdi with curd||Breast Milk|
|Wednesday||Breast Milk||Cauliflower parantha||Cucumber sticks||Rajma Chawal||Banana Shake||Cereal with milk||Breast Milk|
|Thursday||Breast Milk||Idli||Ragi Dosa||Kadhi Chawal||Chicken curry rice||Steamed Dosa||Breast Milk|
|Friday||Breast Milk||Chapatti with soya chunks curried||Halved grapes||Mixed Veg Kichdi||Apple shake||Chicken soup||Breast Milk|
|Saturday||Breast Milk||Aloo parantha||Cereal with milk||Rich with fish||French Toast||Rice with Egg Curry||Breast Milk|
- 6:30-7:00 AM Wake-Up: Breast-feed/Bottle upon waking.
- 7:00-7:30 AM Breakfast: Water through an open cup or straw cup as well as table foods such as a fruit or a veggie which has carbohydrate, and protein.
- 9:30 AM Nap
- 11:00 AM: Breastfeed/Bottle as soon as the baby wakes up.
- 11:30-12:00 PM Lunch: Water in a straw cup or open cup, table foods which are a fruit or a veggie which contains carbohydrate, and protein. Also, give milk at this meal if the previous formula/breast milk is eliminated.
- 1:30-2:00 PM Nap
- 3:30 PM: Breastfeed/Bottle as soon as the baby wakes, immediately followed by an optional small snack such as fruit or crackers/dry cereal/rice cake.
- 6:00 PM Dinner: Water through an open cup or straw cup as well as table foods such as a fruit or a veggie which has carbohydrate, and protein.
- 7:30 PM: Breastfeed/Bottle before bed * usually this is the last breastfeed or bottle you will take away, and it can be the most difficult. However, feedings at this time won’t interfere with their other meals.
- 7:45-8:00 PM Sleeping time.
A balanced diet for 1-year-old baby
One-year-old babies have little tummies, so the food served that is packed with the nutrients they need to grow healthy and strong, and limit sweets and empty calories. Hence one needs to plan a balanced diet for 1-year old baby.
Offer the toddler three meals and two or three healthy snacks a day to give a balanced diet for a 1-year-old toddler. But also expect your toddler to sometimes skip meals. Letting kids skip a meal is hard for many parents, but kids also should know their own internal cues for hunger and fullness. Never push food on a child who’s not hungry or isn’t willing to eat. You should always plan One-year-old diet menu as well as a balanced diet for 1-year-old baby.
What foods should we avoid from one-year-old diet menu?
By now your child must be eating a variety of foods which will let you know the allergic reactions when introducing new foods. Kids are at higher risk for food allergies if they or a close family member have allergies or allergy-related conditions such as eczema or asthma. Hence one must avoid foods that could cause choking, like popcorn, hard candies, hot dogs, raw vegetables and hard fruits, whole grapes, raisins, and nuts from the one-year-old diet menu. Supervise your child at all times when eating.
“Enjoy your Path to Mom. Relish every moment!”
Disclaimer: All content on this website, including medical opinion and other health-related information, should be considered as opinion only. Always seek the direct advice of your own doctor in connection with any questions or issues you may have regarding your own health or the health of others.