Detailed Dhaba Style Dal Tadka Recipe is below
Course: Main Course
Skill Level: Easy
Ingredients for Dhaba Style Dal Tadka recipe
To make Dal Tadka
For pressure cooking
- ½ cup toor dal washed
- ½ cup chana dal washed
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon oil
- ½ tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
For dal preparation
- 1 bay leaf (tej patta)
- 1-inch cinnamon stick (dalchini)
- 2 tablespoon ghee (clarified butter)
- 1 teaspoon jeera (cumin seeds)
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1 teaspoon Kashmiri red chili powder (lal mirch powder)
- ½ teaspoon coriander powder
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- salt as per taste
- ½ teaspoon aamchur powder (dry mango powder)
For Tadka (tempering)
- 1 tablespoon ghee (clarified butter)
- 2 clove garlic finely chopped
- pinch of hing (asafoetida)
- 2 dried red chilies
- ½ teaspoon Kashmiri red chili powder (lal mirch powder)
Preparation Of Dhaba Style Dal Tadka recipe
To cook Dal Tadka
- Firstly, in a pressure cooker add toor dal, chana dal, water, oil and turmeric powder. Pressure cook for 5 whistles on medium flame or till dal gets cooked well.
- Now in a large kadai heat ghee. Add bay leaf, cinnamon stick and jeera. Sauté till spices turn aromatic. Furthermore, add onions and sauté well.
- Additionally, add ginger-garlic paste and sauté. Also, add tomatoes and sauté till it turns soft and mushy.
- Now add turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala, amchur powder and salt.
- Sauté on low flame till spices get cooked well completely. Now add pressure cooked dal and mix well. Add water if required and adjust the consistency.
- Simmer for 6 minutes or till dal absorbs spices. Now prepare the tempering or tadka by heating ghee.
- Sauté 2 clove garlic for a minute. Also add in pinch of Hing, 2 dried red chillies. Turn off the stove and add ½ tsp red chilli powder.
- Mix well and pour the tempering over dal. Finally, mix the dhaba style dal tadka well and serve with hot steamed rice or roti.
- We have used toor dal and chana dal. Additionally, other yellow dal can also be used.
“Enjoy your Path to Mom. Relish every moment!”
Products from Amazon.in
Price: INR 1,480.00Was: INR 6,030.00
Price: INR 613.00Was: INR 1,499.00
Primelife Combo of Pink Multipurpose Fruit Juicer Vegetable Juicer Plastic Hand Juice + Hand Blender Kitchenware Color May VaryPrice: INR 449.00Was: INR 999.00
Price: INR 591.00Was: INR 1,900.00