Gujarati Kadhi is a famous Gujarati recipe. It is made in almost every household. During winters, it is made almost every day. It has a specularity of sweetness. It is perfect for lunch/dinner along with roti or rice.
Detailed Gujarati Kadhi Recipe is below
Course: Main Course
Skill Level: Easy
Ingredients for Gujarati Kadhi recipe
To make Gujarati Kadhi
- 4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons chickpea flour (besan)
- 1 cup curd
- 4 green chili peppers, halved lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root
- 1 tablespoon white sugar, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- Salt as per taste
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 2 dried red chili peppers, broken into pieces
- 1 sprig fresh curry leave
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1 pinch asafoetida powder
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander leaves
Preparation Of Gujarati Kadhi recipe
To cook Kadhi
- Mix the water, curd, and chickpea flour together in a large saucepan until smooth. Add the green chili peppers, ginger, sugar, turmeric powder, and salt. Bring the mixture to a boil and then immediately reduce heat to low; cook on low 5 to 10 minutes.
- Heat the oil and ghee together in a small skillet over medium heat. Fry the dried red chili peppers, curry leaves, cumin seeds, mustard seed, and asafetida powder in the mixture until the seeds splutter.
- Stir the mixture into the saucepan with the coriander leaves. Serve hot.
- Always stir the Kadhi continuously until a boil comes, otherwise, the curd whey will separate.
“Enjoy your Path to Mom. Relish every moment!”
Products from Amazon.in
Price: INR 281.00
Price: INR 1,699.00Was: INR 3,200.00
Price: INR 120.00Was: INR 140.00