This recipe for Homemade Cream Cheese is an easy recipe to make. It is delicious as a spread on crackers, bread and also for making cheesecakes.
Detailed Homemade Cream Cheese recipe is below
Skill Level: Easy
Ingredients for Homemade Cream Cheese recipe
To make homemade cream cheese
- 4 cups whole milk
- 3 tablespoon lemon juice
- pinch of salt
- Bread, Toast
Preparation Of Homemade Cream Cheese recipe
To cook homemade cream cheese
- Heat milk in a heavy bottom pan over medium heat. Once the milk is hot but not boiling add lemon juice. As milk will start coming to boil the curd will start separating from the whey, slowly it will separate into thick curds and whey will separate. Don’t let the milk come to full boil.
- Once the milk fat has separated from the whey, drain the whey using a strainer lined with cheesecloth, or muslin cloth.
- Wrap the curds in a muslin cloth, and squeeze lightly, keeping it soft.
- Cream cheese should be soft, add the salt and whip it to make it smooth.
- If using it for desserts, avoid adding salt.
“Enjoy your Path to Mom. Relish every moment!”