Khaman Dhokla is a mouth-watering, nutritious and irresistible Gujarati snack that’s actually healthy and vegan! You can have it for your breakfast/evening snack. It’s one of the most interesting lunchbox recipes too. Khaman dhokla requires a bit of practice and in no time you will be able to achieve soft and spongy dhokla.
Detailed Khaman Dhokla Recipe is below
Course: Breakfast, Snack, Starter
Skill Level: Medium
Ingredients for Khaman Dhokla
To make the batter for Dhokla recipe
- 1 cup gm flour (Besan)
- 1 tablespoon citric acid
- salt as per taste
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- pinch of turmeric powder
- water to make the batter
- 1 tablespoon fruit salt/ baking powder, dissolved in water
To make the tadka for Dhokla recipe
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 1 dried red chili
- 7-8 curry leaves
- Tomato Ketchup or Chutney
Preparation of Khaman Dhokla
To cook the Dhokla recipe
- In a bowl mix gram flour, citric acid, salt, sugar, and turmeric powder. Add water and make it into a smooth batter with medium thick consistency.
- In a glass add the fruit salt or baking powder. Add water to it and pour this into the dhokla mixture.
- Grease the steaming tin with 2 drops of oil and pour the mixture into it. Steam for about 15-20 minutes or till cooked.
- In a pan, add oil, mustard seeds, curry leaves and red chilies. Let it splutter.
- Pour the Tadka over the prepared dhokla. Cut into pieces and serve.
- After preparing the batter, let it rest for a few minutes. This ensures that your dhokla will be spongy.
“Enjoy your Path to Mom. Relish every moment!”