Lemon pancake recipe is a simple, classic, and guaranteed to put smiles on your family’s faces. You really can’t go wrong with a good old-fashioned pancake – even when little hands are involved! You’re sure to find all the ingredients in your kitchen too. Perfect for Pancake Day or a yummy breakfast treat! Tang taste buds with a little lemon and sugar on top, or go big with something more elaborate like squirt cream. Say when!
Detailed Lemon Pancake Recipe is Below
Skill Level: Easy
Ingredients for Lemon Pancake Recipe
To make the batter
- 115 g (4 oz.) plain flour
- 2 medium eggs
- 300 ml (½ pint) milk or milk and water
- Butter for frying
- caster sugar
- lemon wedges
Preparation Of Lemon Pancake Recipe
To cook the pancake
- For the batter, sieve the flour into a mixing bowl and add the eggs, mixing well. Gradually stir in half the milk and beat thoroughly. Stir in remaining milk and beat lightly.
- Heat a little butter in a medium-sized pan over a low heat until fairly hot. Pour a little batter into the pan; tip pan to spread batter and make very thin coating.
- Cook until the underside is golden brown and the top is covered with bubbles. Toss or turn over and cook until the other side is golden brown.
- Place the pancake on a plate, sprinkle with lemon juice and caster sugar or 2 teaspoons of jam. Roll loosely and again sprinkle with sugar.
- Cover and keep hot under a very low grill, or in a pre-heated oven 140ºC, until all your pancakes are ready. Add more melted butter to the pan each time to prevent sticking. Serve with lemon wedges.
- Always apply butter to the pan before making the pancakes.
“Enjoy your Path to Mom. Relish every moment!”