Lemon rice is the popular South Indian Recipe. It is very delicious and flavored with lemon. Lemon Rice Recipe is very easy to cook, you can also make lemon rice with leftover rice. It contains 300 calories in single serve. Let’s see how to make this delicious South Indian Recipe – lemon rice.
Detailed Lemon Rice recipe is below
Course: Main course
Cuisine: South Indian
Skill Level: Easy
Cooking Type: Cooking with gas
Makes: 4 cups
Equipment used: Simple utensils
Ingredients for Lemon Rice recipe
To make Lemon Rice
- 2 cup rice
- 1 tablespoon peanuts (groundnuts)
- 8-10 cashew nuts (kajoo)
- 8-10 curry leaves
- 1 green chilli slit lengthwise
- 1 dry red chilli in cut into 2-3 pieces
- ¼ teaspoon mustard seeds
- ½ cumin (jeera)
- 1 teaspoon urad dal
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon red chilli powder
- 2 lemons
- chopped coriander leaves
Preparation of Lemon Rice recipe
To make Lemon Rice
- Take rice in a bowl, wash and soak in water for 20 minutes.
- Cook the rice, remove the lid and fluff the rice with the fork so that rice grains remain separated.
- Now fry peanuts and cashew nuts in oil and keep them aside.
- Add mustard seeds in hot oil and when they start to crackle add asafoetida, urad dal, and cumin seeds. When they turn brown add curry leaves, green chili, red chilli, salt and turmeric powder.
- Now add cooked rice, fried peanuts, and cashew nuts. Add lemon juice and mix them carefully, rice should not break.
- Your lemon rice is ready to eat.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with popadum coconut chutney or onion raita.
- Cook rice in advance so that grains of rice get separated. You can also use leftover rice.
- Drain the excess water in rice. Keep the rice in a sieve so that the water drains out.
- Add lemon juice according to your taste.
“Enjoy your Path to Mom. Relish every moment!”
Products from Amazon.in
Price: INR 649.00Was: INR 999.00
Price: INR 1,679.00Was: INR 4,272.00
Price: INR 334.00Was: INR 499.00
Price: INR 396.00Was: INR 899.00