Idlis as such make wonderful breakfast options. These steamed delights are quite often served with various types of chutney or a spice mix lentil powder along with oil. Make sure you serve them along with 6 almonds and a glass of milk for a complete meal. Idlis can be made from a variety of flour like sooji idli or rawa idli, etc. Here, we will be using rice and urad dal batter to make the idlis.
Detailed Mini Carrot Coriander Idli Recipe is below
|Prep time + Wait time
15 min + 10 hr
Course: Breakfast, Snack, Starter, Lunch, Dinner
Skill Level: Easy
Makes: 30 Idlis
Ingredients for Mini Carrot Coriander Idli recipe
To make the batter for Mini Carrot Coriander Idli
- 1 cup idli rice
- 1/3 cup urad dal
- salt as per taste
Other ingredients to make the Mini Idli recipe
- 2 carrot, medium-sized, peeled, finely grated
- 1 onion, medium-sized, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves (dhaniya patti)
- ½ teaspoon red chili powder
- ½ teaspoon dhaniya powder
- salt as per taste
Preparation Of Mini Carrot Coriander Idli
To cook the batter for Mini Carrot Coriander Idli
- Soak Idli rice and Urad dal separately for 3 to 4 hours after washing thoroughly in clean water.
- Grind rice with water in a food processor or blender until it becomes smooth.
- Grind Urad dal with a little water. Add more water when required to make the batter fluffier.
- Mix both the batters and season with salt to taste. Keep aside for about 8 hours to allow fermentation.
- Add carrots, onions, green chilies, and coriander leaves along with the spice powders to the Idli batter.
- Grease the mini Idli pans with very little sesame seed oil. Add a tbsp each of the batter on each of the space in the plates.
- Steam for about 10 to 12 minutes
- Serve hot with chutney or any sauce.
- The quantity of carrot and coriander can be increased as per your choice. But remember to adjust the quantity of water.
“Enjoy your Path to Mom. Relish every moment!”