Instant oats dosa, a healthy and easy to make, a mouthwatering crepe is a perfect breakfast dish. A simple and delicious dosa prepared from oats has many health benefits and helps to maintain the balanced diet. Compared with traditional rice dosa, preparing oats dosa is quick and does not require any advance preparation – dry-roast oats, crush them into powder, mix curd, rava, spices, greens, and water to prepare batter, spread it over hot tawa, cook for few minutes and voila! oats dosa is ready! it’s that simple!
Detailed Oats Dosa Recipe is below
Course: Breakfast, Snack, Starter
Skill Level: Easy
Makes: 4-5 dosas
Ingredients for Oats Dosa
To make Dosa Recipe
- 1/2 cup oats (rolled or instant)
- 1/2 cup rice flour (or 1/4 cup rice flour and 1/4 cup wheat flour or semolina)
- Salt as per taste
- 2 small green chilli chopped
- 1/2 cumin (jeera)
- 2 tablespoon onions chopped
- 1 spring curry leaves chopped
- 1/2 crushed or minced ginger
- 1/4 cup curd (optional)
- 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 cups water
- Oil as needed
Preparation of Oats Dosa Recipe
To cook Dosa recipe
- Add oats to a blender jar. If using quick cook oat, you can skip the powdering step.
- Make a fine powder. Transfer to a mixing bowl. Add salt, cumin and rice flour. You can also use half rice flour and half wheat flour or semolina.
- Add chopped onions, curry leaves, coriander leaves, grated or minced ginger and green chilies.
- Add yogurt and water. Mix the ingredients to a free-flowing batter like we make for rava dosa. You can add more or less water to adjust the consistency.
- Grease your cast iron griddle or non-stick dosa tawa. Heat it well. Begin to pour the batter slowly. Pour the batter making a roundel. Do not spread the batter just pour it.
- Add oil around the edges and cook on a medium heat. After few minutes, you can see the edges become loose from the pan, lift it with a wooden spatula.
- Flip it and cook until done. Flip it back and cook again until the dosa turns crisp.
- Serve hot with a chutney.
- Always dry roast the oats and let cool before grinding.
“Enjoy your Path to Mom. Relish every moment!”