Pasta Primavera is a great dish which is prepared with pasta and fresh spring vegetables. Pasta could be penne, farfalle or angel hair pasta. Fresh spring vegetables like red, yellow bell peppers, zucchini, peas, carrots, cherry tomatoes etc. add bright colours to pasta and make it more tempting and yummy. Pasta Primavera is a great pasta dish and can be cooked easily with a medium effort at home.
Detailed Pasta Primavera recipe is below
Course: Main course
Skill Level: Medium
Cooking Type: Boiling and cooking
Equipment used: Pan, boiler
Ingredients for Pasta Primavera recipe
To make the Pasta Primavera
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 zucchini cut into slices diagonally
- 1 red bell pepper sliced into thin strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper sliced into thin strips
- 1 carrot cut into small long strips
- 1 large onion diced
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes halved
- Parmesan cheese finely grated
- Salt to taste
- Few fresh basil leaves
To Make Pasta
- 300 g farfalle or Penne or any other pasta
- 4 cups of water
- 1 teaspoon salt
Preparation of Pasta Primavera recipe
To make the Pasta
- Boil 4 cups of water in a pan and add pasta to it and add salt.
- Let pasta boil till it is cooked. Cook pasta al dente (just cooked and not very soft)
- Drain the pasta and keep ¼ of this water aside.
To make the Vegetable
- Wash all the vegetables and cut them properly.
- In a skillet, heat oil, add minced garlic and onion to it and cook till it becomes translucent.
- Now add carrot, zucchini, red, yellow bell peppers and cook it.
- Add halved cherry tomatoes and salt and pepper to it. Give all the vegetables a nice stir and add to the pasta with little water left after cooking pasta.
- Mix it thoroughly.
- Sprinkle over it basil and shredded parmesan cheese and serve it.
- Always drain pasta under cold water to stop further cooking.
- You can add more fresh vegetables like asparagus, peas, beans etc. that are available in the market.
“Enjoy your Path to Mom. Relish every moment!”