Pesto sauce is the green sauce prepared by fresh basil, garlic and pine nuts. Parmesan cheese can be also added to enhance its flavour. Authentically, Pesto sauce is prepared with pine nuts but it can be prepared with roasted almonds or walnuts. Pesto sauce can be well prepared in advance and stored in the refrigerator. The below recipe is an easy to cook recipe and can be prepared at home easily.
Detailed Pesto Sauce Pasta recipe is below
Course: Main course
Skill Level: Medium
Cooking Type: Boiling
Equipment used: Food Processor
Ingredients for Pesto Sauce Pasta recipe
For Pesto Sauce
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ cup pine nuts
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Parmesan cheese finely grated
- Salt to taste
- 300 g Penne or fusilli or any other pasta
- 4 cups of water
- 1 teaspoon salt
Preparation of Pesto Sauce Pasta recipe
To make the Pesto Pasta
- Boil 4 cups of water in a pan and add penne pasta to it and add salt.
- Let pasta boil till it is cooked. Cook pasta al dente (just cooked and not very soft)
- Drain the pasta
To make the Pesto Sauce
- Wash basil leaves with a light hand and pat dry with kitchen towel or let it dry naturally.
- Add the leaves to the food processor.
- Add chopped pine nuts and garlic and process it to make a coarse paste.
- Add olive oil in little quantities while processing it till you achieve a thick, creamier consistency.
- Store this pesto sauce in the glass jar with olive oil layer to avoid oxidation.
To make the Pesto Sauce Pasta
- Mix Pesto sauce with pasta, add salt and add parmesan cheese to it.
- Serve it warm or at room temperature.
- Always drain pasta under cold water to stop further cooking.
- Roast pine nuts beforehand to get a nice nutty flavour.
- If you are preparing pesto sauce to be used instantly, add cheese while processing basil leaves and nuts.
“Enjoy your Path to Mom. Relish every moment!”