Rajma Masala Recipe is a very simple and delicious recipe. It can be made very easily without any effort. Rajma recipe goes very well with roti or rice. Rajma Chawal is a widely appreciated recipe. To make rajma recipe, we require soaked red kidney beans overnight. They must be boiled and then added to tomato gravy.
Rajma masala recipe is a perfect party recipe too.
Detailed Rajma Masala Recipe is below
|Prep time+Wait time
10 mins+8 hr
Course: Main Course
Skill Level: Easy
Ingredients for Rajma Masala recipe
To make the Rajma recipe
Pressure cooking Rajma
- 1 cup rajma
- 4 cups water
- 2 teaspoon butter (ghee or oil)
- 1 teaspoon jeera (cumin seeds)
- 1 onion finely chopped
- Salt as per taste
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic finely chopped
- 1 tomato finely chopped
- coriander leaves finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- ½ teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 tablespoon kasuri methi (dry fenugreek leaves)
- Water as required
Preparation Of Rajma Masala recipe
To cook Rajma Masala
- Soak the rajma overnight with enough water.
- Next day rinse it well under running water and pressure cook for 5 whistles. Check the beans have cooked enough by pressing them. The beans have to be soft yet retain their shape. Separate the water and keep aside.
- In a large pan, heat 2 teaspoons of butter and add in cumin seeds. Allow the seeds to splutter.
- Next, add chopped onion and fry till they turn translucent. Time to add ginger, garlic and sauté until the raw smell goes away.
- Now add chopped tomato and fry till they start releasing oil from sides. Time to add spice powder; add chilli powder, coriander powder and garam masala. Fry for a minute without burning the spices.
- Now add cooked rajma. Also, add the drained water which was used for cooking rajma. Adjust the water according to the consistency you need. Add salt to taste and give a good mix.
- Next is to cook rajma with onion-tomato gravy for 15 minutes. Keep the flame on low. Finally, add crushed kasuri methi and chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve rajma masala with steamed rice or chapati.
- Let the rajma cook in gravy for quite some time so that the rajma absorbs the masala well.
- Adjust the water quantity accordingly.
“Enjoy your Path to Mom. Relish every moment!”