Uttapam is a dosa-like dish from South India which is made by cooking ingredients in a batter. Unlike a dosa, which is crisp and crepe-like, uttapam is a thick pancake, with toppings cooked right into the batter. If you have the batter ready then you have a very yummy and healthy breakfast/lunch/dinner at your dining table.
Detailed Uttapam Recipe is below
Course: Breakfast, Snack, Starter, Lunch, Dinner
Skill Level: Easy
Ingredients for Uttapam recipe
To make the Uttapam
- 360 gm rice (parboiled)
- 90 gm bengal gram (dhuli urad) (split and husked)
- 1/2 teaspoon fenugreek seeds (methidana)
- 2 teaspoon salt
- iron griddle or tawa
- oil as required
- Tomato Ketchup or Chutney
Preparation of Uttapam recipe
To cook the Uttapam
- Soak rice, daal, and methi in water for 5-6 hours.
- Grind to a smooth paste. Add salt and enough water to make a dropping consistency and leave to ferment 5-6 hours.
- Heat tawa, and brush oil over it. When really hot, splash a little water over it, and pour about 1 cup of batter on to it.
- It will spread a little. When the edges start browning a bit, pour a trail of oil around it.
- Turn it over and let it brown on the other side too. Before you turn the uthappam over, sprinkle a mixture of finely chopped onions, tomatoes, coriander leaves and green chilies. Serve hot.
- One can add or remove vegetables as per own choice on the uttapam.
“Enjoy your Path to Mom. Relish every moment!”
Products from Amazon.in
Price: INR 1,649.00Was: INR 4,272.00
Price: INR 668.00Was: INR 1,499.00
Price: INR 299.00Was: INR 599.00