A Kathi Roll is a complete meal. It is a bunch of flavours. The filling in a kathi roll is that of a kabab. Everyone enjoys this delicious and healthy roll.
Detailed Veg Kathi Rolls Recipe is below
Course: Main Course
Skill Level: Easy
Ingredients for Veg Kathi Rolls recipe
To make the kathi rolls recipe
For chapati or paratha
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Water as required
- 1 teaspoon + for making paratha oil or ghee
For Aloo stuffing
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1 onion
- 1 green chili, finely chopped (optional)
- 2 potato, boiled, peeled and cubed
- 1 small carrot
- 1/4 cup peas
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Salt as per taste
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoon green chutney
For veg salad mix
- 2 – 3 tablespoons cabbage, thin slices
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 – 3 tablespoon capsicum, thin slices
- 2 – 3 tablespoon carrot, thin slices
Preparation of Veg Kathi Rolls recipe
To cook the Kathi Rolls recipe
- Wash and peel the potatoes. Cut them into pieces. Steam cook potatoes, peas and carrots until cooked well but not mushy. Keep aside.
- Cut thin slices of onion, capsicum, carrot and cabbage and sauté well for a few minutes until veggies get cooked. Keep aside.
For making stuffing
- Heat oil in a pan. When the oil becomes hot enough, add cumin seeds. Let it sizzle.
- Add onion, green chili and saute well.
- Now add potato, carrot, peas, and saute well.
- Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, garam masala, salt and saute well. Add chopped coriander leaves and mix well. Turn off the flame. Potato masala for stuffing is ready. Allow it to cool.
For making Chapati or Paratha
- Add whole wheat flour in a bowl. Add salt and oil. Mix well with your fingers. Add water little by little and knead it well to make a firm dough. Cover and keep it aside for 15 – 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, take the dough and knead it once more. Divide the dough into equal sized balls.
- Take each ball, dust it with wheat flour and roll it into circles with the help of a roller pin.
- Cook on both sides of the chapatti till golden spots appear on both the sides.
- Take each chapatti or paratha, apply 1 teaspoon of green chutney on one surface.
- Slowly place the potato stuffing in the center. Top it up with the prepared vegetable salad and sprinkle little chaat masala on top.
- Fold one edge towards the inner side and slowly roll it tightly so that the filling does not come out. Finally, join two edges and pin them up using a toothpick so that the rolls stay intact.
- Veg. Kathi Rolls are ready to serve.
- The choice of stuffing can be yours. Choose any vegetable of your choice and stuff it.
- If you want you can cook the kathi roll too.
“Enjoy your Path to Mom. Relish every moment!”