Vegetable Cutlet is a simple, easy and delicious recipe which can be served as an evening snack with any chutney or sauce. You can bake, deep fry, or shallow fry the cutlets according to your preference. They are made by the combination of vegetables with potatoes.
Detailed Vegetable Cutlet Recipe is below
Course: Breakfast, Snack, Starter
Skill Level: Medium
Ingredients for Vegetable Cutlet
To make vegetable cutlet
- 1 cup finely chopped potatoes (aloo)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped french beans (fansi)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrots (gajar)
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger (adrak) paste
- 1/2 cup green peas (matar)
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves (kothmir or hara dhaniya)
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 green chilli finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon oil (tel)
- Salt (namak) to taste
- 2 tablespoon plain flour (maida)
- 1/2 cup plain flour (maida) dissolved in 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs (bread ka choora) for rolling
- oil for frying
- Tomato Ketchup or Chutney
Preparation of Vegetable Cutlet
To make vegetable cutlet
- Firstly, chop all the vegetables as per your taste and preferences.
- Add the potatoes, french beans, carrots and green peas and mix well. Cover and cook on a slow flame for 10 to 12 minutes or till the vegetables are cooked while stirring occasionally. Sprinkle a little water (approx. 2 tablespoons) to avoid the vegetables from burning.
- Mash the mixture using a potato masher
- Add the coriander leaves, salt, garam masala, ginger paste, cumin seeds, green chilies and mix well
- Add 1/4 cup breadcrumbs and divide the mixture into 7 equal portions and shape each portion into a 50 mm. (2”) flat oval.
- Mix everything well. The mixture should be non-sticky and non-soggy. Divide the mixture into 7 equal portions and shape each portion into a 50 mm. (2”) flat oval.
- Now dip each cutlet in the prepared plain flour mixture and roll them in the remaining 1/4 cup breadcrumbs till they are evenly coated from all the sides.
- Heat oil in a kadhai and shallow-fry each cutlet till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides. Finally, drain on absorbent paper.
- Serve vegetable cutlet with chutney or sauce.
- One can add or remove vegetables as per own choice. For example, you can add cabbage and onions and remove peas.
- You can adjust the quantity of the breadcrumbs as per your need. If the mixture is too soggy, then add more breadcrumbs.
- The cutlets can be deep-fried or shallow-fried.
- If you don’t want to use green chilli, then replace it with red chilli powder.
- You can make the size of the cutlets as per your requirement.
“Enjoy your Path to Mom. Relish every moment!”