Everyone relish eating vegetable poha prepared with slightly crunchy peas, other vegetables and soft flattened rice (poha) in breakfast. Poha is a light breakfast or snack dish famous across India, Nepal, and Bangladesh. It is prepared with flattened rice or chiwda, which is dehusked rice that is flattened into light and dry flakes. The below recipe illustrates how to make vegetable Poha, which is a combination of chiwda and mixed vegetables.
Detailed Vegetable Poha Recipe is below
Course: Breakfast, Snack
Skill Level: Medium
Ingredients for Vegetable Poha
To make Vegetable Poha
- 2 cups poha
- salt as per taste
- ½ teaspoon + ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice (or as per taste)
- 2 tablespoon oil or ghee
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon urad dal
- a pinch Asafoetida (hing)
- 1 onion chopped finely
- 2 green chillies chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon ginger chopped finely
- 1 carrot chopped
- 6 french beans chopped
- 1 potato peeled and chopped
- ¾ cup water
- coriander leaves
Preparation Of Vegetable Poha
To make Vegetable Pooha
- Take poha in a bowl and soak it in water for 1 min.
- Add some salt, turmeric.
- Add lemon juice.
- Mix well all the added ingredients.
- Heat ghee or oil in a pan.
- Add mustard and urad dal.
- Add a pinch of asafoetida.
- Now, add onions, green chilies, ginger, and curry leaves.
- Saute for a min.
- Add in chopped veggies.
- Saute them well.
- Cook till raw smell leaves.
- Add salt and turmeric powder.
- Mix well.
- Cover and cook till veggies are done.
- Now it is done.
- Add in Poha.
- Mix well.
- Serve with chai and enjoy this delicious recipe.
- You can choose vegetables as per your choice to make the vegetable poha.
“Enjoy your Path to Mom. Relish every moment!”
Products from Amazon.in
Price: INR 299.00Was: INR 599.00
Price: INR 130.00Was: INR 189.00