Stovetop Mac and Cheese is a rich and creamy recipe. This recipe is loved by almost all the ages. It can be served as a delicious evening snack too.
Detailed Stovetop Mac and Cheese recipe is below
Skill Level: Medium
Ingredients for Mac and Cheese recipe
To make the Mac and Cheese recipe
- 4 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 clove garlic
- 12 oz. cheddar cheese
- 8 oz. pasteurized cheese product or yellow American cheese
- 1 lb. elbow macaroni
Preparation of Stovetop Mac and Cheese recipe
To prepare the Mac and Cheese recipe
- Heat the water in a heavy bottom pan. Once the water comes to a boil, add the milk to it and heat it for 5-7 mins.
- Add the macaroni (elbow pasta) and cook it for 20-25 mins. The mixture of water and milk should be of a quantity where the pasta is completely dipped in it.
- After adding the pasta, give it a quick stir else the pasta may stick to the bottom of the pan. Once the pasta is par-boiled, add the softened butter into it and again cook it for 5 mins.
- You can also add vegetables of your choice. Now add the cheese cubes and stir it. Add the grated cheese and stir for 5-7 mins.
- Allow the cheese to melt while stirring it every now and then.
- You can also add oregano and chilli flakes while cooking. While adding salt be careful as oregano contains salt in it. Then stovetop mac ‘n’ cheese is ready to serve with chilly flakes.
If one wishes, he can add a few boiled veggies too. It will give a good flavour.
“Enjoy your Path to Mom. Relish every moment!”